PDA

View Full Version : SR20 Being a bitch

Unit-121
05-27-2007, 01:43 PM
The car is auto and converting it to sr20 everything from the harness is connected. I even Connected the two thick wires that is located under the s13 fuse box that would be to bypass the starter interlock the problem is all the electrical is working but the engine would not crank over it do it ones or twice but thats about it. U guys got any Idea on what could be the problem? :ughug:

GSXRJJordan
05-27-2007, 01:44 PM
so the engine does turn over, but doesn't continue turning over, and won't start? Are you getting spark? Are you getting fuel? Is your ECU light on when the ignition is on?

Unit-121
05-27-2007, 01:55 PM
No after it clicks about one or two times doen't do ti any more sparkplugs are brand new, the fuel system is not the problem one because I never had the problem with it even before the swap but the ECU there might be a problem when it rained the ECU did get little water inside but to answer that question I haven't checked if the ECU light turns on.

GSXRJJordan
05-27-2007, 02:08 PM
Well I'd check that, and then I'd take some 14ga speaker wire or something beefy and try feeding power to the starter directly, to see if it works (please have the car in neutral when you do this lol). It sounds like it might just be your starter - if you were local to the Valley in Socal I could tell you a place that could test your starter for free, but maybe Autozone or whatever will do it.

Unit-121
05-27-2007, 02:30 PM
how can check for spark? do you remove the coil pak and start the car, or do you remove the coil pak and the spark plugs and start the car?

I also check the self diagnostic on the ECU and there was no red light on it (poss. removed or broken)

any help thanx

longdy
05-27-2007, 03:05 PM
how can check for spark? do you remove the coil pak and start the car, or do you remove the coil pak and the spark plugs and start the car?

I also check the self diagnostic on the ECU and there was no red light on it (poss. removed or broken)

any help thanx

to check to see if you have spark or not, you would have to pull the coil pack and the spark plugs out. connect the spark plug to the coil pack and place the tip of the spark plug on a good ground. then just crank it really quick to see if there is spark coming from the spark plug or not. this wouldn't work if you don't place the spark plug near a solid ground source. you must check all four the coils and spark plugs. if any isn't giving out a spark that could be your problem. Also check to see if the ignition pack or coil is working properly, normally they don't give out but still you have to give that a check. the ignition pack was the problem for me.

i hope this helps!!!!
gl on your car dude ;)

DOOK
05-27-2007, 03:24 PM
most autoparts stores will test your starter for free. I don't know if you have napas where you are at but I always get mine done at napa.

Unit-121
05-27-2007, 04:53 PM
well check the starter and it passed all I need to do is to check the sparkplugs to see if any of them spark. How about the ECU and the self Diagnostic and the light not being there posably broken if that's the case might as get another ECU FOR $100 what u guys think?

johngriff
05-27-2007, 05:05 PM
The light shouldnt be broken since it is an LED. LED's have such a long life that I am sure a capacitor or transistor in the ECU would die before the led's did.

Before you go out buying a bunch of new stuff, you need to start testing. The ecu does NOT control the starter circuit. If the starter motor is not cranking, there is a problem in the circuit.

If the ecu is not getting power, I am guessing the wiring was done wrong first and foremost, and should be inspected.

Unit-121
05-27-2007, 08:55 PM
Well the wiring harness was done by j&r over in El Monte by a the name of vinny who charged me about 150 to work on the harness he even started the motor for me so maybe he messed up who knows he did leave some clips from the sr harness that dont have places for it. I think I just have to check everything all over again.Ive been on this car for almost four days since the swap it was suppose to be done It shouldn't be taking this long.

johngriff
05-27-2007, 09:09 PM
Where are you located? For some $$ you could get me to your local tomorrow, or bring your ride to the shop on tuesday.

Unit-121
05-28-2007, 01:28 AM
Yo man Pm you. PM me back asap ro see about that tomorrow. Thanks for the helps guys priciated. If anyone else has another opinion agbout this go ahead and leave a message Im going to be checking on this very offten if my car iisn't cranking over.

johngriff
05-28-2007, 07:32 PM
Got over there today. BADASS Swap. Couple Electrical demons, all sorted out! Cranked right up and purred super sexy style!

Make that jump wire we talked about and get that rocket on the road! And LMK about those diff's! ;)