PDA

View Full Version : 300ZX master clogged?!

Pstl_pete
05-25-2007, 12:34 PM
Hey guys,

I just installed my 17/16 Nabco 300ZX master and everything went well. That is until I tried to bleed the brakes the fronts are working without a problem but the rears arent even moving when I push the pedal. I went ahead and disconnect the Rear line from the master and there is no fluid coming out of it?!

Has anyone ever experienced a clogged master before? I installed a new rebuild kit inside but I cant imagine how that would cause this.

Sir
05-25-2007, 01:19 PM
did you bleed it?

aznpoopy
05-25-2007, 01:27 PM
why are you bleeding the fronts before the rears? follow the instructions that come with the rebuilt m/c.

step #1: bench bleed master cylinder
step #2: install master cylinder
step #3: bleed each corner, starting with the corner that is furthest from the m/c. if you go by brake line length that means you start with driver side rear (the brake lines run to the back down the passenger side of the vehicle).

Pstl_pete
05-25-2007, 03:49 PM
Of course I bled it. I also started at the back when bleeding but obviously tried the fronts to confirm that there was indeed a problem.

After taking the master off the hole for the rears is clogged with something. I tried to blow through it but it will not work. The front one does though.

Seems like I got a bogus used one. I just dont see how its possible for there to be enough contamination inside the master to cause it to clog like that. It was sitting on a shelf for a while so who know what could have crawled up there.

Weird. Put the old one back in and shes all good. Looks like I might go new rather than used.

aznpoopy
05-25-2007, 06:13 PM
did you rebuild it yourself with a kit or buy a reman?

just get it exchanged if its a reman.

Pstl_pete
05-25-2007, 09:05 PM
I rebuilt it myself. Even with the centers out the rear hole wouldnt flow at all.