PDA

View Full Version : S14 Kazama Inner Tie Rods too long?!?

sean350z
05-23-2007, 07:10 PM
Ok I'm confused...are S14 Kazama inner tie rods supposed to be longer than the stock tie rods by almost an inch? I got a set today, box says they are for S14, and I go to install them tonight and I can't get the same zero toe setting as my stock rods because the outers bottom out and I'm stuck with a bunch of toe-in because of the extra length. I searched and found one person who said that Skyline inners are longer than stock so that's what I may have been stuck with. I'm just double checking before I send these back and end up with the same exact thing.

I'm starting to think I got the wrong ones...or maybe I'm just going crazy. Am I missing something here?

My car:
S14, Kazama outers, and had stock inners.

eastcoastS14
05-23-2007, 07:20 PM
did you try calling More Japan? there usually pretty good on answering questions

!Zar!
05-24-2007, 03:50 AM
I had the same problem with Kazama inners/outters.

I cut them.

Once for a s13.

Once for a s14.

No problem.

sean350z
05-24-2007, 06:49 AM
Word, I was going to cut them but I just wanted to make sure I had the right ones before I hacked them up and couldn't return them.

misfitsfreak81
05-26-2007, 06:43 AM
if they were too long and your outters were bottoming out you would have toe-out, not toe-in just to make it clear. im sure thats what you meant to say, im just making note of it for any newbies that might read this thread.

cotbu
05-26-2007, 08:06 AM
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b142/COTBU/toe3.gif
Toe is the difference in distance between the front and rear of the tires.

sean350z
05-26-2007, 08:49 AM
The tie rod is on the rear-ward side of the spindle and even with the Kazama ends all the way threaded on I had some crazy TOE IN. The longer your tie rod length the more toe in (it will push the back of the wheel out) and shorter the more toe out (bring the back of the tire in).

I cut them and now everything is good to go. So any one who gets these with the ends they need to be cut fooo. They are very very hard steel probably harder than grade 8.

djtrickz
09-21-2007, 05:27 PM
sorry for bringing this back up, but i am having the same problem and i was just wondering (if you didnt do it yourself) where and how much did it cost to get cut.