PDA

View Full Version : (2)two haunting problems!!!

nisans13turbo
05-21-2007, 09:19 PM
sr20det t25
FMIC, MBC

(1) Car drives good and pulls hard but when I come to a stop or slows down, my car would idle very low and boggs until I give it some gas or my engine would die. ????

(2) Recently my maf wiring got fried from my turbo manifold and i rewired everything back up and now, my car would need to be jump-start every morning. Something is draining my battery and I know for sure because, i unplug the batteryonce and plugged it back on the next day and it worked. Could it be my fuel pump staying on all night ? But i dont here my fuel pump priming after i shut it off or does it stay quiet? Help ME!!!!!

thanks

bkfill
05-21-2007, 10:31 PM
#1 your BOV isnt recirculated
im sure you have a aftermarket BOV correct and the air is being released to Atmosphere
your maf reads the air that gos thru the maf then when you let off the gas the BOV lets the air go (the maf already counted what came in, and yoru BOV let it out so it dies)
#2 i dont know

Archangel1183
05-21-2007, 10:52 PM
#1 Might be boost leak, vaccuum leak, or exhaust leak. Not sure if these cars have a TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) or maybe a way to check for codes. I had a similar problem 2 times on my supra. One was the TPS, the RPM would just fall and the car would turn off. The other time was a cracked intercooler hose, the rpm would drop to the point of almost turning off then it would come back up again.

#2 Not sure but I have the same problem. If I don't use my car for about a week my battery dies. :-/

nisans13turbo
05-21-2007, 11:42 PM
#1 your BOV isnt recirculated
im sure you have a aftermarket BOV correct and the air is being released to Atmosphere
your maf reads the air that gos thru the maf then when you let off the gas the BOV lets the air go (the maf already counted what came in, and yoru BOV let it out so it dies)
#2 i dont know

I have the greddy type rs, cant be recirc. can i just tighten it?

nassin31spr
05-22-2007, 05:49 AM
Type rs can be recirculated you just have to buy the adapter or you can get one of those hks eids. That should help. You can also tighten it. You have to adjust it for your car.

redgold
05-23-2007, 11:14 AM
Mine isnt recir. and i dont have any problems? It could be the vacuum or something leaking or loose on your engine.

nisans13turbo
05-24-2007, 11:17 PM
Fix problem no.1, I increase the throttle by the intake manifold and it worked. Its in the middle of the intake mani.