PDA

View Full Version : Proof of 95 obd2

240silviaguy
05-21-2007, 12:10 PM
Ok everyone this is my first post on zilvia.net and I would like to thank everyone here for such a focused and determined plethera of information.
However,,,,
There is much info searched on the debate of the obd equipped 95 model.
The information I have found on other posts here seem to say 95 early model had obd1 and later had obd2. Also the placement of the scan tool port, again early obd1 inside by glove box and later obd2 in engine compartment. Lastly there seems to be confusion on the ecu nomenclature.

So here are some pics that i hope will establish my 95 as a basis to go from.
Build date 1/95, automatic, 3wire rear o2 sensor, plug under dash of obd2 trapazoid shape not obd1 rectangle. and under hood pic states obdII equiped.

projectRDM
05-21-2007, 02:29 PM
Also the placement of the scan tool port, again early obd1 inside by glove box and later obd2 in engine compartment. Lastly there seems to be confusion on the ecu nomenclature.

Incorrect. Plugs are the same size and shape for both versions.

The OBD-I port resides below the glovebox, on the passenger side of the center console, which is where this picture appears to be. All 95 models have it here. Later automatic cars did go to a 3wire front O2 sensor, but they did not receive any other changes and still fit the OBD-I protocol and codes.

The OBD-II port is mounted beside the hood release. Although the plug is identical, the location is different. It is found on 96-98 models, and uses the generic codes that all 96-up cars were mandated to use.

If you browse both a 95 and 96 FSM you'll easily see a lot of CEL codes changed numeric sequence to fit the newer mandate. And your emissions label picture clearly says OBD-I.

GSXRJJordan
05-21-2007, 02:47 PM
lol ^^^^ yeah, how could you not see the emissions label, the OBD-1 is staring me in the face. That plug is just to the right of the console, like Russ said, just where it's supposed to be on your early 95, OBD-1, car.

Edit title to include ".... NOT!"