PDA

View Full Version : not wanting to go into gear..?

PRADOgy
05-21-2007, 10:13 AM
im not sure if its the syncro's or what..?
so when i drive on the freeway for a good distance im in 5th and i come to the off ramp i cant freakin pop it back in first.. or any other... its super hard, or when i drive it hard i cant shift quick cus it gets hard to pop in @ high rpms..?:bash: i dont know why, when i shift it doesnt grind at all, it just acts up like this when i drive for a long while on the frwy or hard, and in the morning when i first start my car.. im like wtf..? any idea's why..? other than that after a while on civic driving the shifting is smooth

KA24 de tranny

S14TEVE
05-21-2007, 10:20 AM
good question. that happens to me sometimes too but it doesnt want to go into first or reverse. I usually just put it into second, give it some gas, let off the clutch a bit. then i'm able to put it into first again. I'm interested in seeing what other advice you get on this thread.

aznpoopy
05-21-2007, 10:58 AM
cruising/high rpms
-possibly bad mounts -> excessive drivetrain play
-possibly bad tranny -> synchros, old fluid, etc

sitting still / 1st and reverse
-play with the shifter or
-gear selected neutral, foot off the clutch, rev slightly, try again

GSXRJJordan
05-21-2007, 11:05 AM
Are you sure it's not your clutch MC/SC? When you drive for a while, the whole system relaxes, and if you're having trouble developing clutch pressure, it would make shifting into first very difficult. Make sure you've got fluid in your MC and look for leaks.

Otherwise, check your tranny fluid... or it's new tranny time.

Dax
05-21-2007, 11:16 AM
Yeah I had a similar probelm. On the freeway after driving for awhile I would go to downshift on the off-ramp and the pedal would fall to the floor. Then after pulling back up and pushing it again it worked. So yes look for leaks, bleed your clutch line to get air bubbles out, replace your MC or your SC. I think most people have the sitting still 1st/reverse issue. I know I do. I just put in to first pull up a bit and put it into reverse...works everytime.

PRADOgy
05-21-2007, 12:09 PM
the clutch feels perfectly normal.. its acually stage 1.. could it be that.. i notice.. when its hard to put into gear, if i get it into one of the gears and step on the clutch ,let go of the brake i can kinda feel as if the clutch is not in all the way.. a slight grab on the gear, but just barley, it might be fluids..?