PDA

View Full Version : WTF: Engine Knocks

skylinewtp21
05-20-2007, 08:41 PM
Alright i started this weakend with trying to fix the noise of the timing chain tensioner. When i was finished and everything was put back together i started it and it knocked like a bitch everytime i reved it. I checked the timing and set it to 20 and it still knocked. I went and got some octane booster just to see if i had bad gas but it still there. I have know idea what i must of done to screw this up. Any ideas.

bardabe
05-20-2007, 11:19 PM
Alright i started this weakend with trying to fix the noise of the timing chain tensioner. When i was finished and everything was put back together i started it and it knocked like a bitch everytime i reved it. I checked the timing and set it to 20 and it still knocked. I went and got some octane booster just to see if i had bad gas but it still there. I have know idea what i must of done to screw this up. Any ideas.

shouldn;t the timing be set at 15* BTDC after the car is at operating temp, and in timing mode? do that and check back with us. :bigok:

skylinewtp21
05-21-2007, 08:24 AM
Alright il try that when i get home.

skylinewtp21
05-21-2007, 07:32 PM
i set the timing to 15 but the knock is still there. Any more ideas

sean350z
05-22-2007, 08:42 AM
Is it still there when the engine is underload?
Does it get faster with revs?

If you answered yes to the above questions you will need a new engine

nassin31spr
05-22-2007, 09:19 AM
You worked on the tensioner and probably the timing so definitely start there.

skylinewtp21
05-23-2007, 08:52 PM
Well i got it fixed but i realy don't know how. I just took the distributur back out and and put it in when it was at tdc on #1 compresion stroke. Whats weird is thats the same thing i did before. At least it's up and running again:eek3d: