PDA

View Full Version : S14 Tach Signal Wire to Cluster

bustav13t
05-17-2007, 03:03 AM
After a lot of frustration and lost hair from troubleshooting my dead tach problem, I've decided to just hardwire from the tach signal on the ecu directly to the back of the cluster.

My question is: What wire (color?) is the tach signal wire on the cluster end? I got signal from the ecu (Y/R wire) and the car runs, so I want to just directly connect it to the cluster signal input wire.

btw, my car is a 95 zenki s14 se with the white face cluster also running a s13 sr20det, and it was auto if that makes a difference.

projectRDM
05-17-2007, 09:22 AM
Blue/black.

message length

Slidin240Wayz
05-17-2007, 09:24 AM
Ballin!!! Russ is "El Hombre de Wires"

bustav13t
05-17-2007, 10:23 PM
Thanks for the input R240NA!

So... I've tried hooking a wire from the Yellow/Red wire on my s13 sr20det ecu directly to the Blue/Black (Pin 12) wire on the back of the cluster, and still got no signal to the tach.

If I were to hook a voltmeter from the Yellow/Red wire on the ecu to ground what should my readings be?

and at this point, I'm inclined to go towards aftermarket tach route, I remember reading around about someone saying that sr20det ecu provides a weak tach signal and needs a signal converter or amp for the aftermarket tach to function correctly. If that's true, where do I source a signal converter/amp?