PDA

View Full Version : Stance coilover question

vw_nissan
05-13-2007, 02:02 PM
Got my Stance coilovers couple of days ago, and I am about to install them. But before I do that, I noticed that the front camber plates don't rotate or allow any movement. Is this normal?

I remember my K-sport on my s13, the camber plates can actually be rotate with the piston pivoting it.

Anybody can chime in?

Gumballf355
05-13-2007, 04:14 PM
They do move... they're just really tight. It's supposed to be like that.

C. Senor
05-13-2007, 04:35 PM
^ yup...put them on and tighten the top 3 nuts...semi-tight enough to where those 3 studs have no play and it will be able to move...i literally just installed mine today.

vw_nissan
05-13-2007, 08:10 PM
Cool, thanks man....I was gonna install mine this weekend, but got distracted doing something else instead.....damn...have to wait for another week.

Munch
05-15-2007, 04:37 PM
yah..theyre SUPPOSED to rotate...but ive had my stances for like 2 months now and mine still absolutely refuse to rotate.

check out my thread here for more information, incase u have problems like me. Maybe some of the suggestions can help you.

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=140603

Jung918
05-15-2007, 05:11 PM
Can you post a review on them?

vw_nissan
05-15-2007, 05:44 PM
yah..theyre SUPPOSED to rotate...but ive had my stances for like 2 months now and mine still absolutely refuse to rotate.

check out my thread here for more information, incase u have problems like me. Maybe some of the suggestions can help you.

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=140603

I think mine rotate, but I still haven't put them on yet, so I won't know if I will get the same kind of problem as you. I will let you know once I have them on.

What about moving the camber plate so that it is not perpendicular to the shock? Right now, my camber plates will just sit perpendicular to the shock and won't tilt. I thought they were supposed to tilt because of the pillow ball.

Let's say the coilover is like this with the top being the camber plate.
__
|

Is it supposed to do this:
\
|

But of course, the plate will not tilt that much as pictured, but to a certain extent.

Munch
05-18-2007, 05:47 PM
The top plate will tilt once u get it mounted onto the car. The ball joint is REALLY tight, so its difficult to turn it by hand. Once u get em on, youll have the leverage of the length of the coilover, plus the benefit of a solidly mounted upper part, so itll tilt no problem.