PDA

View Full Version : sr idle problem? (i think)

jdms-14
05-08-2007, 12:02 PM
im running into a slight problem when i drive my s14 with redtop sr, after i boost a little and let off the throttle, the RPM drop really low. Sometimes, the car will die and i will be stuck in the middle of the street.
Im tired of this, everytime i stop i have to keep pushing the gas so it wont die.
ps: feel free to ask me anything if im not being clear

Justin Bernstein
05-08-2007, 12:07 PM
I am having a similar problem.

I just ordered a BOV recirculation fitting and am planning on recirculating it back into the intake.

When you blow off the released air throws off the MAF readings and that can cause bad idle/hessitation.

I hope the recirculation kit works to correct my problem. Let me know what goes on with your issue.

jdms-14
05-08-2007, 12:57 PM
yeah ive heard it could be that, what did u get exactly and for how much??? do u have a link i can go to?? thanks bro
please let me know
God bless
Juan

vw_nissan
05-08-2007, 01:04 PM
It's funny though. Some people don't have problem with an open atmosphere BOV. For example, I run HKS SSQV, but my car idles just fine.

georgesal
05-08-2007, 01:11 PM
it could also be that you throttle plate needs to be opened a lil more at idle there is a small screw and nut that you can adjust on the throttle body

Justin Bernstein
05-08-2007, 01:28 PM
yeah ive heard it could be that, what did u get exactly and for how much??? do u have a link i can go to?? thanks bro
please let me know
God bless
Juan

just type in your BOV name and "recirculation kit" into Google and you will see...

I have a Blitz type RS and its like $25-$30 for the flange that you need to connect a rubber hose to and run it to your intake. Google that shit.

Gramentz
05-08-2007, 01:37 PM
Hows your idle when you first start the car or when you are not boosting?

jdms-14
05-08-2007, 01:51 PM
do u guys think that the brand of the BOV matters??? i have Greddy type rs, i dont know?

Justin Bernstein
05-08-2007, 02:01 PM
do u guys think that the brand of the BOV matters??? i have Greddy type rs, i dont know?

This is actually a great thread for me if I can get some info also...

I have the same BOV Greddy RS and I am having the same problem.

The recirc kit should be here tomorrow or the next day. When I install it ill let you know if it solves my idle issue.

sonnysmr2
05-08-2007, 02:04 PM
adjust the bov, make it tighter

jdms-14
05-08-2007, 02:04 PM
oh man it sucks!!!!!!! i have to keep pushing the gas until the car warms up if not the car will die, u know what im talking about?

jdms-14
05-08-2007, 02:06 PM
This is actually a great thread for me if I can get some info also...

I have the same BOV Greddy RS and I am having the same problem.

The recirc kit should be here tomorrow or the next day. When I install it ill let you know if it solves my idle issue.

yeah bro, please let me know....:-/

vw_nissan
05-08-2007, 05:24 PM

When I first start the car, it will initially idle at 800 rpm and seems like it is going to die, but then the rev raises to 1500 rpm after 2 secs and idles fine. Only happen in the morning when I first start it though.

Justin Bernstein
05-12-2007, 04:42 PM
dude, I installed the recirc fitting and used a hose that I had in my garage to recirc the BOV into the intake. and it solved the majority of my idle problem. I prob have a couple of small vacume leaks here and there but overall it worked really well.

Get that shit.

delphis
05-12-2007, 05:13 PM
I had a similar problem with my cai on my NA sr but it was just one of the hoses wasn't quite tight enough and when I would go up a hill and slow it down the car would die and it would sometimes do it at stoplights as well. its probably either your bov or some small vacuum leak that is causing the problem, check all hoses going to your intake and make sure they are tight or get come clamps for them. hope this helps!

timmay

jdms-14
05-12-2007, 11:29 PM
thanks peoples!