PDA

View Full Version : electrical problem....

jdm_lover
05-07-2007, 02:33 PM
91 240sx my battery was drained out for some odd reason i think a wire is draining my battery but here goes the story...

i dont drive my car at all really till drift events and so one day i went to go check up on my car and i noticed the battery was dead and i was wondering what was going on. so i jumped the car with some cables and started up fine...then i left it that day and the next day checked it again and the battery was dead again....so i switched to another battery and it started fine again cluster working and radio working...then the next day the horn was going off so my momo horn button was touching a ground so i unplugged the horns and later i thought bout the horns are still on just that i unplugged the hornsound thingies(was kinda in a rush)....so later on the next day the battery was dead "again"...so i jumped it again and it stayed on again so i just let it run for bout 15-20 mins... and today i just checked it the battery was dead and i jumped it again it jumped and turned over slowly but then my cluster and radio wasnt working just the motor running smooth....so i took off the positive cord from the battery and the car died....i jumped it again leaving the jumpers on and it ran for a while and i restarted it up and it just tick tick tick but during when i started it up the cluster and the electricals werent working ....so i know my alternators bad now but i wonder if something else was draining the battery....i stuck on my stock steering wheel back on and also i checked all my fuses and everything was fine...i have a wire connecting to the battery thats for my electrical fan which is on a switch and my headlight wires connected to the battery and the positive wire connected to my battery from the alternator...so what do you guys think? anything happen like this yet to you guys?....remember my cluster and radio's dont turn on when i jump the car so what do you guys think....i havent had this problem before so....i need some input from my zilvia buddies....

jdm_lover
05-07-2007, 03:23 PM
cmon i need some help....

jdm_lover
05-08-2007, 01:24 AM
bump

need help any one think of a solution im still gonna look into tomarrow day off...but any thing i can try?>

jdm_lover
05-08-2007, 02:29 PM
bump

cmon i need some help....

Cashizslick
05-08-2007, 02:51 PM
Well you said the alternator was bad . . have you changed it yet? That would be why your battery doesn't charge.

Fix the alternator and drive around for 30 minutes or so. Also, if you have a voltage meeter you can measure if your battery is charging correctly.

jdm_lover
05-08-2007, 08:50 PM
Well you said the alternator was bad . . have you changed it yet? That would be why your battery doesn't charge.

Fix the alternator and drive around for 30 minutes or so. Also, if you have a voltage meeter you can measure if your battery is charging correctly.

got the car runnin again...man dumb fuses....my 75amp fuse that connects to the alternator blew on me basicly made the alternator not to work...and so i jump the car with the cables from shouas car and let the car run...then i kept gasing it .....gasing the car really high and i noticed sparks sparking out of the positive wire from the alternator that connects to the fuse box (which goes to the 75amp fuse) and out connecting to the positive battery charge.....so i took it off and had a melted washer....and the washers suppose to be plastic or rubber cause if it was metal then it would just have too high of a amp basicly frying the whole wire system connected to the battery (firecrackers major sparking like when they welded your exhaust on)...hahah so i made a home made washer out of a detergent washer cap...yeap....and kungpao chicken...back and running like chicken noodle soup....thanks bud...