PDA

View Full Version : while at boosting rpm jumps???

nisans13turbo
05-07-2007, 10:58 AM
Well , today I try to set my mbc to 12 so I increased it and took it for a drive. Going on 3rd gear giving it gas and my rpm increases normally to 4-5k and then once my boost starts going my rpm would increase super fast from 4k-7k and I can hear my turbo spinning louder then normal and it feels like V-Tec kicked in but I dont feel any power.

Some guy told me it was my clutch that is slipping? Obviousely i want to start something small first.

Im running on redtop sr20det w/exedy stage 1 clutch and I had the clutch for little less then 2 years. Car is rarely driven so its hard for me to beleive my clutch would go out so soon.

Thanks!

98koukile
05-07-2007, 11:27 AM
your clutch could be slipping because it was only built to handle a certain amount of torque... ease onto the gas and if it still jumps it's not the clutch

CylonFrakker
05-07-2007, 01:00 PM
yup you nailed it. Clutch slippage. Time to upgrade the clutch get a centerforce.

nisans13turbo
05-07-2007, 01:24 PM
your clutch could be slipping because it was only built to handle a certain amount of torque... ease onto the gas and if it still jumps it's not the clutch

well everything is bolt-on's with stock turbo. It drove fine of last year before it went in storage and now this is happening. I dont beat on my car etc....
if this is the case, exedy isnt great clutch??

GSXRJJordan
05-07-2007, 01:27 PM
Exedy is a great clutch ~ exedy's stage 1 feels weaker than the OEM clutch, however.

As stated above, if you ease into the gas and it still happens (meaning RPM dependent, not torque dependent), then it's not the clutch.

If whenever you start boosting >10psi it starts doing that, then your clutch is slipping, and you need something a bit more manly. We have a couple site supporters selling clutches, search em out and cop one if ya need it.

staygold24
05-07-2007, 01:52 PM
if its a new clutch id check for a rear main seal leak. Clutches can slip with oil all over them.

If you find out that your clutch is the problem Ive researched and found out rps max is my next one.

redgold
05-07-2007, 06:08 PM
if its a new clutch id check for a rear main seal leak. Clutches can slip with oil all over them.

If you find out that your clutch is the problem Ive researched and found out rps max is my next one.

Do you have to take out the tranny inorder to clean the clutch assuming there is in inside of it?
thanks

CylonFrakker
05-07-2007, 06:19 PM
yeah you have to drop the tranny, clutch, and flywheel, to inspect the rear main seal. If the rear main seal is leaking replace it and for safety repalce the flywheel bolts and clutch bolts as they are torque to yeild. Also replace the pilot bearing.

staygold24
05-07-2007, 07:44 PM
The best way to check to see if it is leaking is if there is actual noticeable oil on wherever you park. You can see the leak.

nisans13turbo
06-09-2007, 10:57 PM
The best way to check to see if it is leaking is if there is actual noticeable oil on wherever you park. You can see the leak.

Yea, I do notice some leaks inside my garage, and it seems to be some clear fluid. Could this be it?

MURPHY
06-09-2007, 11:06 PM
to check for rear main seal leak check if there's ENGINE oil in your trans not gear oil. just check by the hole. i wouldn't drop it...

rb25_s13*CHUKI
06-10-2007, 01:28 AM
Like evryone said sounds like clutch slipping to me.I would say a good clutch is the act 6 puck with springs.It's a good clutch grabs very hard only thing is it's a bitch in traffic and on hills. :2f2f: Easy burnouts:bigok:

nisans13turbo
06-11-2007, 04:44 PM
to check for rear main seal leak check if there's ENGINE oil in your trans not gear oil. just check by the hole. i wouldn't drop it...

I doult its my clutch going bad, its probbaly my rear seal leaking and oil probabls all over my clutch and flywheel. how do i go about replacing the seal and where at?