PDA

View Full Version : any help?? I have a 3 amp draw...ideas??

Navajo_drifter
05-06-2007, 12:37 AM
First, Im going to say that, I don't want to resort to a battery disconnect switch.

With that being said, my friend and I, hooked up the multimeter and then conducted tests. The tests we conducted were to look for any lights or any obvious things that may be on, after that was taken care of, still 3 amp draw. Next, we presumed to pull out every relay and fuse one by one to see if there was a draw there, none. then we closed all the doors, the hood, the trunk, none, completely disconnected the alarm system, still 3 amp draw. disconnected the ecu from the car and still a 3 amp draw.

Other factors that may be of concern, rb25 swap was completed in sept. of 2006 and had no amp draw of that amount cause the battery would have died, but did not. I had a little accident a month later but it was front end damage, and battery has been relocated to the rear, and after the repairs, there was no draw, again battery would have died. then again in feb i had another accident...drifting, sucks when your going all out...anyway, the car was repaired and had no draw for the week or 2 it was at the shop being worked on. the day i took it, i went ahead and drifted it a little, with no problems after turning it off. later in the day I drag raced a lightning, then pulled into taco bell, and talked with the guy and some others for about 3 or 4 hours and the car wouldnt start, got a jump and it started up. drove home got up in the morning and the battery is dead again. took it to advanced and they pronounced the battery DED. so i bought a red top to replace the yellow top 2 days later, and installed it and it died after one day. I drove it on the new red top to work, to school, to work, and back home then got up in the morning and the new red top is ded. then had the battery recharged at advanced and conducted the tests.

any ideas on the 3 amp draw?

also, the alternator output voltage is around 12.7v. The alternator did get doused with antifreeze but this was around 4 months ago

drftwerks
05-06-2007, 01:02 AM
alt output is bad, and i cant see how if you pulled EVERY fuse that none would give you a drop in the draw

Navajo_drifter
05-06-2007, 01:22 AM
exactly, my friend, exactly.

drftwerks
05-06-2007, 06:58 PM
i would say look for more fuse boxes