PDA

View Full Version : A problem?

dorkjoey240
05-05-2007, 11:02 PM
I have a 92 240sx coupe. But for some reason when I drive DE motor shakes , why is that? I only put two brand new 2 spark plugs in the motor and 10W-30 oil. but it's still shaking. and also it's idleing at 900rpm.

GSXRJJordan
05-05-2007, 11:26 PM
Why would you only replace 2 plugs?

Are you sure all cylinders are firing? (remove one spark plug wire at a time - if it runs the same with one unplugged, you have a problem with that plug)

Are all cylinders getting fuel? (remove one injector clip at a time, if it runs the same with one unplugged, you have a problem with that injector)

Do you have a vacuum connection unplugged? Look at all the little rubber lines, and see if you can find one that's not connected.

Vision Garage
05-05-2007, 11:30 PM
check your motor mounts to make sure they are not loose.

sliddinsil8o
05-05-2007, 11:33 PM
did you gap the plugs (if not gaped already)

dorkjoey240
05-05-2007, 11:58 PM
did you gap the plugs (if not gaped already)
I gaped them already. I think it's my injectors , but before it my spark plugs had oil in it. im like wtf?

Vision Garage
05-06-2007, 01:21 AM
No codes being thrown?

dorkjoey240
05-06-2007, 01:24 AM
No codes being thrown?
nope , my friend told me it might be the motor mount gonna check it tomorrow morning.

shayrgob240
05-06-2007, 06:25 AM
Let me get this straight...you replaced TWO spark plugs in hopes that your "shaking" issue will go away. If by shaking you mean the engine is shaking, then you will need motor mounts. If you mean shaking by running like crap, then you are experiencing a misfire. The advice give so far isn't bad at all so def. start with that and then you can check out the bigger potential issues.

mRclARK1
05-06-2007, 10:40 AM
I gaped them already. I think it's my injectors , but before it my spark plugs had oil in it. im like wtf?

If your plugs have oil on them you most likely have bad piston rings. Do a compression and leakdown test to be sure, then it's probably time to rebuild or swap.

dorkjoey240
05-06-2007, 06:17 PM
If your plugs have oil on them you most likely have bad piston rings. Do a compression and leakdown test to be sure, then it's probably time to rebuild or swap.
I see. thanks I will do that tomorrow.

aznpoopy
05-06-2007, 07:21 PM
where did they have oil on them
on the tip? or where the plug wire attaches?
if the latter, the inner oil gasket is leaky. replace it.

as for the shaking issue, there's an easy way to check for bad motor mounts.
have your buddy stand in front of the car. start the car.
if the motor flops back and forth like a fish out of water, your mounts are crapped out.

mRclARK1
05-07-2007, 11:15 AM
where did they have oil on them
on the tip? or where the plug wire attaches?
if the latter, the inner oil gasket is leaky. replace it.

Agreed... If the oil is on the tip, then it's probably what I said. Don't be to worried if it's just on the upper portion. That's an easy fix like aznpoopy said.