PDA

View Full Version : Q45/Z e-brake with R33 cables on S14

NemeGuero
05-05-2007, 11:56 AM
You like that mix? Its like a car orgy.

anyway, I bought the cables, and I have everything installed.

I've HAD everything installed for almost half a year now. haha

However, my e-brake cable is NOT tight. I still have the boner e-brake handle in order to lock the wheels all the way.. and I've tightened the locking nut as much as it wants to go.

I'm thinking 1 of 2 things:

1. The shoes are really worn down. (didn't seem that bad when I put them on.)

2. I'm going to need to cut and re-clamp some e-brake cable.

Anybody else with this set-up have this problem? How did you fix it?
If I can get under the car sometime soon, I'll snap some pics of how I routed the lines or something.

NemeGuero
05-07-2007, 07:29 PM
Who's got this set-up?!

Zilvia4eva
05-07-2007, 07:35 PM
I do but I will be installing it in a couple weeks,sorry i can't be much help....:hsdance:

BTW:maybe the fact you put that ebrake through some harh punishment while drifting is starting to wear the shoes out....remember all machines or mechanical parts wear out after a certain amount of time depending on use.

cdlong
05-08-2007, 08:19 AM
i have that setup too. it's not virgin on prom night tight but no $2 hooker either. it holds the car on a hill pretty well though i've never tried drifting with it. your shoes or the drum may be worn (or both), or the shoes could just be adjusted really far from the drum. line up the hole on the rotor with the adjuster wheel (on the bottom) and tighten it up until it just barely touches then back it off a little. if that doesn't help, time for some endless pads from SPL or a hydraulic lever.

WilloW
05-23-2007, 11:30 AM
I did what cdlong said and no more boner ebrake, thanks dude.

NemeGuero
05-23-2007, 12:39 PM
Thanks, I'll give it a shot. But I probably need some new shoes too. Project Mu, here I come!

Sir
05-23-2007, 01:14 PM
you know that little hole in the rear rotors should line up with the adjuster that tightens up the shoes.

cdlong
05-23-2007, 03:28 PM
didn't i cover that already?

line up the hole on the rotor with the adjuster wheel (on the bottom)

NemeGuero
05-23-2007, 05:23 PM
Yes, yes you did.