PDA

View Full Version : hard start

silverraven240
05-01-2007, 10:22 PM
have a red top and when I start it I have to keep a foot on the gas. and I also have a power steering leek. any ideas guys??

s13gold
05-01-2007, 11:31 PM
so you have to floor it to start it???

Sileighty_85
05-02-2007, 07:10 AM
Check your timing

Z U L8R
05-02-2007, 08:22 AM
your power steering high pressure hose is probably leaking, very common s13 thing, my cost for those at pep boys is like $80 so they might want 100 from you *shrug.

in any case that has nothing to do with your car not starting.

more than likely you're having a problem with the idle air control valve air regulator valve, it's not the idle air control valve, if you follow the intercooler pipe that goes to your throttle body, you should have a bung with a hose going to it right before the throttle body, that hose goes to this air regulator valve, then there's a hose that goes from this valve to the actual idle air control valve. the air regulator valve that i'm talking about does just that it regulates the air that goes to the idle air control valve by bypassing the throttle body and getting information from the ecu. the ecu gets information from the engine coolant temperature sensor to know whether the car is cold for cold starts or already warm. it gathers the information from the coolant sensor then actuates the air regulator valve to open or close, giving or restricting the air that goes to the idle air control valve thus enabling the car to start right up cold or hot.

this valve may be working properly, and the problem may be you need to change your plugs, clean the junk out of your throttle body/intake, or you may just need a coolant temperature sensor.

i don't have your car here, those are some of the things you need to check so you can give us a little more information, so we can give you a little more information aiight @@