PDA

View Full Version : Sr20de gasket set will fit???

jjdawilke
05-01-2007, 03:31 PM
I've done some research and i cant come up with anything. will the gasket set from an sr20de fit an sr20det??? im not worried about the HG, i have a metal one. but i cant seem to find a "yes" or "no". and also, since i'm doing a new gasket set, i just changed my rings just under 10k ago and i'm having the motor honed. will i need new rings??? or ami able to use the ones i just put in there?? if you guru's would be able to help that would be great!!!:hsdance:

DP_Michelle G
05-01-2007, 04:19 PM
search for the det part numbers and check and see if there the same for the de. thats what i had to do for my intake valves. the list is out there

jjdawilke
05-01-2007, 07:10 PM
search for the det part numbers and check and see if there the same for the de. thats what i had to do for my intake valves. the list is out there
yea that was my fear, thanx man.

Big Bronze Rim
05-02-2007, 11:55 AM
You really don't need the gasket set if you are using a MLS HG. There are really no other gaskets in the engine. I dont recall if it comes with the valve cover gasket and rings, but you may not need them anyway (they are reuseable). Just order up main seals (IIRC DE seals work), an oil pickup gasket, intake/ exhaust mani gasket (both for DE, or get the fancy MLS exh gasket from somewhere like Phase2), get a tube of grey rtv and go to town.

jjdawilke
05-03-2007, 04:21 PM
You really don't need the gasket set if you are using a MLS HG. There are really no other gaskets in the engine. I dont recall if it comes with the valve cover gasket and rings, but you may not need them anyway (they are reuseable). Just order up main seals (IIRC DE seals work), an oil pickup gasket, intake/ exhaust mani gasket (both for DE, or get the fancy MLS exh gasket from somewhere like Phase2), get a tube of grey rtv and go to town.

that's all i would need?? :rawk:

Big Bronze Rim
05-03-2007, 09:38 PM
Thats pretty much it. If you didn't take the upper and lower manifold apart you wont need the rwd specific gasket(fwd de gasket doesn't work) or the IACV gasket(if you didnt remove it). You will also need a cam chain tensioner gasket as you can NOT reuse it. The stock gasket kit is good if you plan on using a stock HG and want to replace all of the valve cover gaskets, but it includes more than you really need. Its pretty basic as the sr doesn't have a whole lot of gaskets, its mostly sealed up with rtv.

jjdawilke
05-05-2007, 04:26 AM
Your Possitive??

Big Bronze Rim
05-05-2007, 09:56 AM
Your Possitive??
I am positive you don't have to buy the gasket set to get everythng you need. Am I sure my list is 100% complete, no. Im pretty sure I mentioned everything but I could be forgetting a gasket. You will still need turbo gaskets (not in the kit), crush washers for the banjo fittings on the block(I have no idea if these are included in the gasket set). If you are having the machine shop build the head, you will need valve seals which are in the kit, but obviously you can get them elsewhere. It all kind of depends on what you are doing. If you pull the thing apart, its going to be apparent what you will need. I mean it is simpler/more convienient for someone to order the gasket kit, Phase2 and a few other places sell it, but the essentials you need are readily available through a dealer/auto parts store for a whole lot less money.

slapinfunk
05-05-2007, 08:36 PM
Some parts are the same, some parts arent...

dealer cost on an SR20DE gasket kit is more then the SR20DET gasket kits and you dont get the turbo gaskets...

jjdawilke
05-14-2007, 07:45 PM
Some parts are the same, some parts arent...

dealer cost on an SR20DE gasket kit is more then the SR20DET gasket kits and you dont get the turbo gaskets...

the reason i ask about the DE gasket kit is that a good friend of mine works at carquest and another works at O'Rieally bumper to bumper. so i could get the gasket kit for like 110$.:rawk: