PDA

View Full Version : I'm a girl in trouble...engine issues

primerprincess
04-26-2007, 05:25 PM
Ok, so my stock 95 KA24 is hating me right now. It is knocking/rattling and leaking oil and shut off on my way home. Everything was fine when I put it away for the winter, but when I took it out and changed the plugs and oil, it started to act up. I am thinking timing or bad valve or both, but not sure...any thoughts? I know it's hard without hearing the actual noise but I appreciate any help I can get...Thanks!

ReLevent1
04-26-2007, 05:28 PM
its probably acting up because it hasn't been driven for a while. How long did you let it sit for?

ThatGuy
04-26-2007, 05:29 PM
Could be any number of things wrong with it. Sounds like a basic rebuild and new seals would be a good start.

BTW, what does being a girl have to with your car being screwed up?

sw20>>s14
04-26-2007, 05:30 PM
touche for using the "girl card" in your title...

but being so vague wont help us help you...even if you are a girl...

S13SilviaGirl
04-26-2007, 05:54 PM
More info is needed. Did it look like water/coolant was in the oil?

pbcstylez
04-26-2007, 06:03 PM
you mentioned you changed your plugs, did you ensure the gapping was correct? also you did an oil change, did you bother checking that everything is tight? these may be simple things, but easy to check. start there

NemeGuero
04-26-2007, 06:14 PM
post pics and we'll help ;)

brokeAs240sx
04-26-2007, 06:20 PM
possibly bad gas? fuel likes to separate and turn to crap after a few months of sitting... unless you put some fuel stabilizer in, then iono, haha.

gotta240
04-26-2007, 06:23 PM
Yes, if you use the "i'm a girl" card, we will use the "show pics card"... We don't mind helping, but now that you have gone "there", pics are requested!

Tenchuu
04-26-2007, 06:37 PM
if you were a guy we would just have given you the answers. now pics are required. and from there we will determine how direct the fix will be.

not really. but if you search back most people that open with the hey i'ma girl line on the first post end up leaving with the quickness after the realize that they can't get a bunch of knowledgeable minions with that line.

NemeGuero
04-26-2007, 06:39 PM
Yes, if you use the "i'm a girl" card, we will use the "show pics card"... We don't mind helping, but now that you have gone "there", pics are requested!

full body shots too..

or we'll only tell you to Se4rcH N3wb

91240SE
04-26-2007, 06:42 PM
Do you have the firing order correct I would check that and timing. Timing being wat to far advanced can cause spark knock (predetonation) which can sound like a knocking noise if bad enough. Gas will usually stay good for a lot longer than a few months I would put some high test in it to clean everything out though, I started my lawnmowers and boat with gas that has sat over the winter every year and its fine. You won't get water in you oil unless you overheated the car bad enough to blow a headgasket. Check the basics, TIMING, FIRING ORDER, SPARK PLUGG GAP. Also check to see if the plugs are broken or cracked around the pocilin, seen brand new ones be bad like that.

azndoc
04-26-2007, 06:44 PM

^^ True that. I only help out girls who are attractive, all the ugly ones I just keep on driving. Pretty vain, I know. Just how the world is. LOL

Also I doubt that she's hot with a screename primerprincess.

mRclARK1
04-26-2007, 06:48 PM
I just like how in the index on my screen it said "I'm a girl..." and it was under "Tech Talk" :keke:

To the OP... my suggestions to help you out would be the same as above. A little more info would help, like what your oil looks like. Is it milky? like coolant is in it?

S13SilviaGirl
04-26-2007, 06:55 PM
I just like how in the index on my screen it said "I'm a girl..." and it was under "Tech Talk" :keke:

To the OP... my suggestions to help you out would be the same as above. A little more info would help, like what your oil looks like. Is it milky? like coolant is in it?

Duhhhh, I already asked that! :kiss: hahaha

womenbeshoppin
04-26-2007, 06:55 PM
haha you guys are funny

NemeGuero
04-26-2007, 06:57 PM
^are you a woman?

pix or ban

street240
04-26-2007, 07:11 PM
This is probably some dude who was banned coming back as a girl. Very Shreud....

aznpoopy
04-26-2007, 07:32 PM
if all you did is change the oil and plugs, i don't see how it'd cause problems like what you describe

check gap
make sure you're using the right plugs (ngk)
make sure the plug wires are connected to the plugs in the right order

Chez
04-26-2007, 07:48 PM
Gas will usually stay good for a lot longer than a few months.

Completely false. Todays fuel turns to shit in about 6 weeks, and in many cases it can happen sooner if you get it from a gas station that has had it for nearly a month your already behind on the break down process. Most of my spring has been spent cleaning carburators on motorcycles that sat from dec. to feb. If you saw the gas that came out of these bikes you would never store your car for more than a few weeks without stabilizer again!

None the less, to the op, Replace your fuel filter as well as checking already mentioned items. You may also want to check that you have proper fuel pressure because as the fuel crystalizes when it breaks down it can cause the pump to strain and in some cases even lock them up. Infact Honda had an issue with this on a bunch of their units. They solved the problem by using stabilizer in the fuel that they test the units with at the factory.

-Chez

!Zar!
04-27-2007, 02:09 AM
Actualy, the reason the car is broken is because she's a girl.

lawl.

ixfxi
04-27-2007, 01:37 PM
You guys are making this more serious than it is.

1) Changed oil & spark plugs. Most likely, the oil change went OK.. its the spark plug change that didnt. Check your ignition (wires and plugs), make sure they are firmly connected. I bet you didnt connect the wires properly.

2) If you are having a hard time working on cars, zilvia wont turn you into a mechanic. You can play around and yes, you'll learn some stuff about cars. However, certain mistakes can become very expensive, and quick. So, it MAY be in your interest to get a mechanic.. or a close friend who is more mechanically inclined to help supervise your work.

Peaceout, chicky young thing

koukikat180sx
04-27-2007, 02:26 PM
Actualy, the reason the car is broken is because she's a girl.

lawl.

I resent that remark. :down:

WIKID S4TEEN
04-27-2007, 02:34 PM
It is knocking/rattling = Spark plugs loose
and leaking oil = oil drain plug
:hsdance:

azndoc
04-27-2007, 05:18 PM
I'm still waiting for pics. Or some kind of response from the OP. Come on........

69datsun510
04-27-2007, 05:36 PM
If the car sat that long , depending on the climate, you will get condensation forming in the gas tank, loss of octane level, and the fuel heading toward the stage were it will varnish. So, next time make sure you use a stabilizer for anytime passed 4 weeks. Hell, most gas stations get water in their tanks when it rains, as it did a short time ago, some worse than others. I use a water separating additive every month or two, it's cheap, a buck or two a bottle. I have a motorcycle that runs like crap on ARCO any grade. It won't idle for crap, coughs, even stalls, with ARCO gas. I run 76 or Standard brand and it's fine. So, the fuel is my guess and do the timing and gap as a precaution. Good luck!!;)

tacotacotaco
04-27-2007, 05:53 PM
UMMMM isnt there a post by NEMO titled IM A GUY in TROUBLE!!! whats the fuckin difference.

NEMO some sexy pics im sure would get people helping you in the quickness.

primerprincess
04-27-2007, 08:40 PM
Umm, what does it matter what I look like? Shouldn't only my car matter? lol To the guys who helped, thanks! I have my mechanic coming over tomorrow. The plugs/wires and oil are fine. I have done them dozens of times and I had someone else double check my work, because we all make mistakes sometimes even if we know what we're doing. I am no mechanic by a long shot, but I'm not stupid, even if I am "just a girl". I just want my car in the best shape it can be in. I will attach a pic of my car though...my work in progress (it was totaled when I bought it)

ixfxi
04-27-2007, 08:48 PM
Guys here are giving you slack because:
a) You *publicly announced* that you are a girl
b) They are most likely, single and lonely.. and you are the closest female interaction (other than their mother/sister/etc)
c) Are asking for help from "car guys"

Point being, men are crude. Its pretty obvious that just about all of us think with our dongs. Next time, it may be *easier* to just ask the question, rather than announce that you're a girl and ask for help.

I mean, either way.. you'll get the help.. but dont you think its easier without having to listen to all of the above BS? Not saying its right, just saying how it is.

primerprincess
04-27-2007, 08:55 PM
Nahh! I don't mind the BS. Guys don't bother me. It's actually quite amusing and I am proud to be a female on a male dominated forum. What girl wouldn't want to be surrounded by men?! Straight girls anyway...I do appreciate the help though--at least you guys know what you're talking about.

tknbkthrsdy4anfg
04-27-2007, 09:03 PM
Please take off those seat covers, cigarette hole seats are better looking that those!

azndoc
04-27-2007, 09:15 PM
Nahh! I don't mind the BS. Guys don't bother me. It's actually quite amusing and I am proud to be a female on a male dominated forum. What girl wouldn't want to be surrounded by men?! Straight girls anyway...I do appreciate the help though--at least you guys know what you're talking about.

That's a good attitude. I'm sure the majority of us on here are just bored and having some fun with you. I know I was. I'm glad we could amuse you. LOLz

My my, what big fog lights you got.:eek3d: :eek3d:

tknbkthrsdy4anfg
04-27-2007, 09:16 PM
The better to blind you with my dear!

NemeGuero
04-27-2007, 09:48 PM
UMMMM isnt there a post by NEMO titled IM A GUY in TROUBLE!!! whats the fuckin difference.

NEMO some sexy pics im sure would get people helping you in the quickness.

I made it as a joke after this thread.
haha

I should put some pix of me rubbing my nipples.. but then nobody would help my tech question..

lawlz

Tenchuu
04-27-2007, 10:47 PM
Pics or Ban Nemo

NemeGuero
04-27-2007, 10:50 PM
lol.. you asked for it..

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/7716/kenspics002si9.jpg

S13SilviaGirl
04-27-2007, 11:14 PM
^^^^ I am emotionally scarred now.

Tenchuu
04-27-2007, 11:38 PM
that is the gayist thing i have ever seen on here. apparently the sarcasm wasn't detected in my post.

Tenchuu
04-27-2007, 11:40 PM
pic of your sister doing the same thing or ban

NemeGuero
04-27-2007, 11:41 PM
that is the gayist thing i have ever seen on here. apparently the sarcasm wasn't detected in my post.

Oh you and your sarcasm.. you're so silly Ken.

MtxWrl
04-28-2007, 12:06 AM
car is looking clean!!! but do urself a favor and get rid of the ghetto seat covers :D

bardabe
04-28-2007, 12:07 AM

^^^^ seriously. :rant2:

Howard92884
04-28-2007, 12:38 AM
This thread is amusing, made me laugh.

DRavenS13
04-28-2007, 12:38 AM
When you proclaim yourself being a girl, you're already trying to use the advantage that you are female so you get the attention you need to get the help you need. It's cool that you are "proud" of being a girl, but if you're really secure about what you're doing with your car, you don't need to proclaim that to the whole world. I was on this forum for a long while before anyone even knew that I was a girl. It's just not that big of a deal.

On another note, why did you leave your car sitting for so long?

Tenchuu
04-28-2007, 02:05 AM
and on a fuel note, when i went to Iraq for 7 months i left some fuel in my car in storage. and once i connected the battery back up it started up like normal, and ran fine, so i know for a fact that plus fuel will run fine after sitting untouched in a car with no stabilizers for 7 months.

if you don't believe me ask any US service member (there are allot on here) that has went on a long deployment. it happens on a daily basis, and most don't bother with fuel stabilizers because it is passed down through experience that no one has ever had a problem with the fuel going bad in up to and just over a year.

Walperstyle
04-28-2007, 07:00 AM
(knocks on door)

hey, I'm here for the gangbang

Walperstyle
04-28-2007, 07:01 AM
btw, $50 says you threw the plug leads on wrong

ixfxi
04-28-2007, 08:59 AM
When you proclaim yourself being a girl, you're already trying to use the advantage that you are female so you get the attention you need to get the help you need. It's cool that you are "proud" of being a girl, but if you're really secure about what you're doing with your car, you don't need to proclaim that to the whole world. I was on this forum for a long while before anyone even knew that I was a girl. It's just not that big of a deal.

Yep, but some girls are into "girl power" and like all the attention they can get.

Either way, no harm no foul - I was just saying, females.. dont be surprised when guys get all ga-ga-goo-goo when they find out you have boobies, because a lot of these tools have most likely never been with a female before.

And if they have, they're stupid enough to post it on the Chiodos thread! haha idiots...

tknbkthrsdy4anfg
04-28-2007, 09:24 AM
Oh my friggin gosh evan, good thing I didnt see that last night before I went to bed!

Tenchuu
04-28-2007, 01:47 PM
and to keep it on tech: now we play guess the torque spec on Neme's nipple?