PDA

View Full Version : Calling all S14 KA OBD2 owners (or Russ)

NemeGuero
04-24-2007, 04:57 PM
Please post pics of what I'm looking for if you can. OR PICS OF FRIENDS CARS?

basically.. I cut all the wiring out of my car for the EGR way back when.. and now I need to reinstall it for good ole smog.

so here is what I need:
one prob solved

found map/boro wiring

found abs press sensor wiring

and one last question.. anybody know what the fuck this shit is? Or where it gets vacuum from and where it plugs in to?
http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/7897/robinbabyshower018uq7.jpg

S14DB
04-24-2007, 05:56 PM
match the colored wires?

NemeGuero
04-24-2007, 06:00 PM
none match up

projectRDM
04-24-2007, 06:32 PM
My name is called.

First pic:

There's two large plugs on the front of the intake. The one nearest the passenger side is for the EVAP canister volume control solenoid, it sits under the manifold, bolted to the plenum. It plugs directly into a subharness.
The second plug, the one you have shown cut, is for the IACV, IAA, and EGRT. Also a subharness, it plugs into the main engine harness and runs back across the IAA hardline to each item. It's hard to tell from the pic, but it looks like the cut one you have is going back down into the wiring harness, or is it just an illusion? Those colors don't match up after the plug, the IACV is a red and red/green, the IAA is (IIRC) blue/green and blue/yellow, etc.

The MAP/BARO solenoid sits on top of the manifold towards the back, so the plug originates near the EGRC-BPT and cylinder #4 injector plugs. Look back there.

The MAP/BARO sensor harness come up from below the shock tower, it splits off just past the lower connector that leads to the CPS and rear O2 that sits beside the starter.

Last pic, there's another solenoid that mounts on the back of the head, forgot what it's called, that's it though.

NemeGuero
04-24-2007, 06:51 PM
ok hold on..

in the first picture.. the one on the left is plugged in. Thats all good. The one on the right.. is the one that leads to the cut connector I'm holding in my hand. i can't find where it would plug in to because I probably cut the wiring. I need to know where I would find the wires it goes to so I can splice it back in.

in the second picture.. the map/baro mounts down there by the fuel filter, it has a brown connector that comes out of it that just ends in more cut wiring.
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/9844/emissionhoselayouttl5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

in the fourth picture.. that comes from the absolute pressure sensor (pic3) after it loops around itself under the fuse block (on the side)

and the last pic.. do you knoww hat that solenoid does? I can't find the connector for it and I don't have any open vacuum nipples..

projectRDM
04-24-2007, 08:01 PM
The first pic, the left plug isn't right. I can't tell from the pic, but there's a subharness that runs under the manifold to the IACV, IAA, and EGRT. The one in your hand that's cut looks like an extra subharness. Again, hard to tell.

The MAP/BARO plug is somewhere in your harness, you must have taped it up after cutting it, start unwrapping. Same with the MAP (absolute pressure sensor), it originates down by the starter. I was incorrect saying the MAP/BARO is on top of the manifold.

The other one, I don't have a 96-98 in stock to look at, but I might can have someone come by this weekend and look at one.

NemeGuero
04-24-2007, 08:36 PM
Russ you're a genius. You're right about the one being the extra sub harness on the underside of the intake mani. And I think I found the wiring to the second connector. YEP, found it.. same place the wiring for the first plug comes from.. but I had taped it off. One down..

Now I just have to find the wiring for the MAP/BARO and absolute pressure sensor.

Also.. that plug that comes off the solenoid on the back of the head.. where does that connector go to?

NemeGuero
04-25-2007, 02:01 PM
EDIT: found the wiring for everything except that solenoid. I also don't know where it gets vacuum 'cuz I'm pretty sure all the nipples on the manifold are taken..

Does the CPS maybe plug into it? Nope.. but now where does the CPS plug? hahaha, I hate my life.

projectRDM
04-26-2007, 12:40 PM
CPS plugs into a subharness that leads off the lower engine harness, near the starter.

NemeGuero
04-26-2007, 06:19 PM
Ok, just disconnected that harness so I'll have to find the plug.

Russ, no idea what that last solenoid does?

Its not inside the EGR diagrams anywhere in the FSM.

Also.. that plug I cut off for the IACV, IAA, and EGRT has 2 wires of the same coloring scheme...

the middle column on the right plug.. one on top of the other is a black with white strip.. 2X. do you know how to find out which one goes where? Or the consequences of mixing them up?
http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/3756/egrtwiring005ga1.jpg

I made an educated guess based on the length of the wires coming from the plug and from the harness... hope its right.

projectRDM
04-26-2007, 09:39 PM
I looked at a 96 engine on a stand tonight, that's the EGRC-BPT solenoid, it mounts to the back of the head and has it's own short subharness that plugs in right by the number 4 injector.

As for the plug above, the pinout will be in the FSM, maybe check the resistance/voltage of the wires to know what they are.

NemeGuero
04-26-2007, 11:05 PM
Do you know where the vacuum lines route?

could you possibly snap a pic?

tknbkthrsdy4anfg
04-26-2007, 11:23 PM
Hey sorry to bring up a dead thread, wait no im not.

Is ur "bung" staying tight evan?

No leaks?

I heard the "probe" might wear out and cause it to "dump" in too much fuel

I'd hate to hear you washed out a "ring"

NemeGuero
04-26-2007, 11:29 PM
lawl.. this isn't a dead thread!

the bung is good. ;) thanks for asking.

NemeGuero
04-27-2007, 01:24 AM
EDIT:

I'm fuckin' retarded.. I had that thing already on the car.

I've been working with 2 sets of EGR stuff and because of where it was mounted, I failed to see that I had already installed on the manifold before I swapped them.

Well.. problem solved. Hahaha, cept the wiring thing still. I'll dig into the FSM later.

tknbkthrsdy4anfg
04-27-2007, 10:40 AM
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f218/tknbkthrsdy4anfg/efgstandlol.png He strikes again!

NemeGuero
04-27-2007, 11:06 AM
lawl, thanks Joe.

tknbkthrsdy4anfg
04-27-2007, 01:59 PM
:kiss: msglngth