PDA

View Full Version : Sr20 No Fuel problem

Chrischeezer
04-19-2007, 10:07 PM
hello,
first time starting my new build...
i got a rom tune nismo 555 injectors, z32 a few other bolt ons, NEW engine harness..

i start it up for the first time...

it started RIGHt up! vroooom.. (nice) then slowly died out.

i tryred about 20 more times while messing with the timing and checking all connections.. then i pulled the plugs.. cylinder number 2 was getting no fuel at all... i check for leaks or anything like that.. but everything looks good.. just no signal to the injector.. what controlls the fuel injection... the ECU right?

no fuel in a cylinder number 2 at all.. nothing.. the plug is clean and looks new. whats the problem

youngmanvr4
04-19-2007, 10:28 PM
Just cylinder 2 or are the others not getting fuel?

Bad injector?

Dousan_PG
04-19-2007, 11:00 PM
did u get the fuel lines mixed up?
the first start up might have been leftover fuel pre swap

youngmanvr4
04-19-2007, 11:54 PM
You need to stop posting...you have to many lol.

That could be to. If the fuel line are mixed up then that would cause a problem. Thats why I asked if the other 3 were getting fuel or if it was just #2.

Chrischeezer
04-20-2007, 02:55 AM
all cylinders have fuel, but #2. not one drop. (plug still looks brand new)

there is no leaks, the fuel lines are not mixed up.. all my wiring is 100% correct

this isnt the cars first sr motor.

i dont see how their could be a short on a brand new engine harness... i guess ill try jumping the injectors right to the ECU...if that doesnt work then its the 100% the ECU.. right?
thoes two wires on the injector go right to the ECU correct? no place else?

youngmanvr4
04-20-2007, 07:24 AM
No...even the injectors are new that one injector could be bad.
Take it out and put another one in from either 1, 2 or 3 or one of your old ones. If you get fuel to that injector using a different injector, that injector you have in #2 is bad.
If other injectors dont work in #2 also then my guess its something with the ECU or wiring. But someone else should answer that because I'm not sure about that. But do as I said above and come back with the results.