PDA

View Full Version : High Beam problem

krappy
04-19-2007, 01:39 PM
In my s14 when i turn on highbeam all my lights cutt off (parklights and low beam) and the high beam does not turn on....any ideas?

ZenkiKid
04-19-2007, 01:53 PM
its your headlight stalk, i have the same problem after i replaced mine due to the headlights not going back down. go to your local junkyard, theyll have some stalks there.

projectRDM
04-19-2007, 02:27 PM
Has the car ever had higher wattage bulbs in it? If so, you've burned the switch up.

Keep the bulbs stock wattage or upgrade the harness, the OE switch is a high current device and is only designed to handle the load of the OE bulbs. Anything else puts too much resistance on it.

Sileighty_85
04-19-2007, 02:27 PM
Sounds like a short in the wires My AE86 had a similar problem turns out I had 5 wires melted together check under your dash

BusBOy
04-24-2007, 01:44 AM
i have a problem wit my s13 conversion on my fastback. the only way i could use my head lights is when i bypass all the wires from the fog lights to the outside lights, thats the only way it works.. no power is coming out of the other wires..
help me?

EroGori
04-24-2007, 01:59 AM
its your headlight stalk, i have the same problem after i replaced mine due to the headlights not going back down. go to your local junkyard, theyll have some stalks there.

mine does this too! Thanks for the info. I'll tear into it and see what I can figure out!