PDA

View Full Version : Front bumper????

BEISSEN
01-26-2002, 09:52 PM
Ok yesterday i went outside and took my front end off,Front bumper cover and suports.I noticed one support was bent so i un bent it.Everything else looked fine but when i put it all together there is a slight uneven gap between my headlights and bumper.Now i have broke a few plastic things that the screw go into so that coul have caused the uneveness.But i am not sure.Is there suppose to be a gap between the bumper and the headlights on a 97 240 if not what is the thing i might have to replace.Any help is welcome.

silk
01-26-2002, 10:58 PM
i installed a body kit on my 97 240 a while back and i have the same problem..i think they took the headlights off and when they put em back on they were angled incorrectly or something, but now i have a gap...or i just never noticed it before. Im going back to the body shop in a few days, so hopefully ill be able to check it out and see if anything is bent on my front end. unless you changed something with the headlights, im not sure, but i will try to find out since i have the same problem.

BEISSEN
01-30-2002, 09:44 AM
Well I am just wondering cus i dont have a body kit i have the factorey bumper,Is there suppose to be any gap at all in the 97-98 bumpers.Thanks for the reply silk,And ids the pic you have a the kit you got tthe shogun fang kit.If so how did it fit.

yenpit
01-30-2002, 09:56 AM
hey beissen, did u crash the car and bend something?? or just took bumper off?? theres a flimsy mounting flange that goes all the way across side-to-side under the headlamps and grille (i keep leaning on mine when i'm workin since i havent put ft bumper on yet!). if that flange was damaged it'll be very difficult to straighten it properly, and that would cause bumper to "sag" or be uneven. also u mention broken clips....if ANY hardware is damaged on urethane bumper mount points they can sag. i dont remember any plastic clips at top front, just on top sides and bottom....??

BEISSEN
01-30-2002, 10:01 AM
Yeah  i hit a 88-89 civic and i dent my hood and snaped a few pices on the bumper.I took that flimsy frame piece off and bent a piece on it back but now the other side is a little lower then the other.So i guess i am going to have to replace the front bumper and that bar.

Thanks Josh
Red 97 240
Injen Intake
Colored Valve Cover

yenpit
01-30-2002, 10:59 AM
i dont recall the flange being too much at dealer, but buy new cuz its SO flimsy! a recent thread in "for sale" had a 97-98 front bumper used, but prob is may be truck freight $$ cuz of size...?? good luck.