PDA

View Full Version : Intake Air Temp sensor?

ProfileGsr
01-30-2002, 03:05 AM
ok we just put a XS enginiering turbo kit on a 97 nissan 240 sx.
we are wondering where to put the intake air temp sensor that was located in the air box.
do any of you have any experience with the XS kit?
also we got an engine light what is the best way of checking the code and taking care of it.
also if anyone has the kit for the 240 how did you mount the hks air filter? ours seems to be hitting the ratiator over flow bottle.
this is all i can think of as of now
thanks in advance

Nismos14
01-30-2002, 07:16 AM
do  u have any pictures? and i think the temp sensor can just be wired in the engine bay somewhere..... thats what i did with my intake...... but..... then again ur turbo.... so thats important .... sorry i dunno

yenpit
01-30-2002, 08:22 AM
welcome to the forum! like nismos14 said u can leave the temp sensor attached somewhere safe, but best in a "cool" air stream. i think the harness will stretch over to the LHF corner of the engine compartment behind the headlamp or ??. let it dangle, not up against the sheetmetal. if it gets damaged IIRC it can trip the check engine light.

u dont want the filter rubbing the overflow tank cuz it will rub thru. can u shorten the intake tube a little? i've always supported tubes & filters from the bottom with a pc of strap steel. u should have a bracket on top of the frame rail where the OE air box was, it has 2 studs, use one of em to attach the strap at bottom and bend it so it goes up to the filter clamp. bend the end in a flat hook and secure it under the clamp. theres another bracket up near the top of the left fender...maybe use that one?

check FSM or dealer for codes. someone here (Mark West??) posted that info in a thread late last year..... look for that? IIRC it had step-by-step.....

sorry, no exp with XS kit! hope this all helps.

01-30-2002, 12:26 PM
well if you get the check engine light cleared, your the man,
mine always stays on and even after checking the code and reseting it, it still comes on, as for the temp sensor, well i have an fmax kit and they said to put it in the filter , i drilled through it and tapped it in there, but i guess you can leave it out somewhere in the engine bay,
my question is, why xs engineering? what made you pick this kit, and how many pounds of boost are you running.