PDA

View Full Version : Introducing: Boost Innovations

BoostInnovations
04-10-2007, 04:51 PM
Hey guys,

I thought I would introduce our shop to the local guys. We are a new shop located in Fargo, ND. However, we are not new the to the general import scene/business. We started this shop because we felt the customer service in the entire industry was lacking, especially locally. We also wanted to bring a different culture to this area. For example, we feel there is a lack of high end "JDM" brands available, unless you look to NY, CA, etc. The drifting scene in this area is definately at a young stage, and we would love to help it grow.

We offer an in-house fabrication department capable of TIG and MIG welding. We do anything from a simple intake or bracket all the way to that custom V-mount setup. We also can perform a plethora of engine swaps, and most recently, hand built Wankel rotary motors. Away from the custom work, we have a large linecard of hard to find brands like: Work Wheels, Tomei, Sard, OS Giken, Aragosta, Largus, Final Konnexion, Racing Logic, and the list goes on. Our labor rates are some of the lowest in the industry, while still providing the quality and service you expect. Also, a little known fact, we provide audio and autostart sales and installation. From a square MDF box all the way to a custom fiberglass enclosure. Featured brands are Zapco, RE Audio, DB Drive, Eclipse, Infinity, and Clarion, with many more available.

The principal officers of the shop are Matt Groshong (fabricator/installer), Mitch Hogue (sales/installation), Zac Brown (fabricator/rotaryhead), Luke Jacobs (rotaryhead), and myself, Tony Staiger(sales manager/installation). The audio portion of the business is covered by Chuck Schwan(Trafic Jamz), which is co-located in-house.

A little bit about where we all came from. I started off as a young DSM owner, and ended up building a 92 Talon 6/4bolt AWD, that went 12.2@115(1.8x 60') on 19psi and a rich tune with pump gas. I had an offer I could refuse on it, so I never got to push the car with a good tune, race gas, etc.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/695000-695999/695294_1_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/695000-695999/695294_2_full.jpg

After the DSM, I decided I would like to try F/R. I ended up buying an S14 with a redtop swap. Even though I didn't personally do the swap, I learned a TON about the S-chassis cars because I basically had to redo this swap to get it running right. Had terrible wheels on it, and a terrible front bumper. Managed a 13.4@106mph (2.2 60') on 12psi with my terrible wheels and tires. Sold it to move on to something that was more mine, but sort of regret it now that I've been back on here.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v399/PSiedTSi/240SX/DSC00603.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v399/PSiedTSi/240SX/DSC00607.jpg

I then bought my dream car, a MKIV Supra. It was NA unfortunately, but it was supposed to be a long term project car. Long story short, got screwed at the shop I was employeed at, and it never got finished. Ended up selling it to start this place. I learned a lot about these cars in the time I owned it.

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/supra_1939_42977499

Matt has come from a world of Honda's. He currently drives a 2003 Silverstone S2000, which just has an intake, and a few other little accents. He is looking into to getting an NSX, or turboing his S2k.

Mitch has a 1992 Dodge Stealth RT/TT. The car looks completely stock and is in near mint condition, but has 13g turbos, 3'' exhaust, ACT clutch, fresh motor, Tein suspension, and AEM EMS. It should make around 400awhp on pump.

Zac and Luke came to us from FAR western ND. Zac graduated with an associates degree in Welding Tech. Zac is currently building a MONSTER FC RX-7 with an in-house motor build. Pictures of the whole project to come soon. Luke recently purchased an FB RX-7 shell and will be doing something very similar to Zac's project in the next few months.

Chuck graduated from Mobile Dynamics installation school in Toronto. He has been selling/installing car audio and accessories since 1991. He has a 2002 WRX sedan with a built auto, custom reflash/tune to run E85, JUN bodykit, APS FMIC, custom SC61 turbo setup, custom 3'' TBE, 18'' wheels, and of course a stereo setup. It has won awards at Sport Compact Nights in Winnipeg and Perfect 10 in Fargo, among other small local shows.

I know this got lengthy, but I wanted everyone to feel like they knew us personally. We look forward to building a relationship with every customer we encounter.

If you are ever in the area, please stop by and check out the shop! We will gladly show you what we are working on, etc. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask! Thank you for your time and we look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks,
Tony Staiger
Boost Innovations
Tel: 701-364-9368
E-mail: [email protected]
AIM: BoostInnovations

nvrdone
04-15-2007, 04:41 PM
Hey what up, from the gf area. I have been following your build through a friend on rx7club. Hopefully you guys can stay. I know here in gf its mostly talk and no walking.

BoostInnovations
04-19-2007, 06:09 PM
You should stop by the shop some day! We love to meet the locals. I know how the talking goes, see it almost everyday ;). We try our best to help make it a reality for everyone!

street240
04-22-2007, 12:59 AM
Ill will stop and see you guys for sure some time. I also checked out your project car.

BoostInnovations
04-22-2007, 04:37 AM
Awesome! Looking forward to it!