PDA

View Full Version : hard start, bad idle, stalling pt.2

ILoveJDM
04-10-2007, 05:08 AM
alright well, some background info.

a few weeks ago i tried to start my car and it was idling with some misfire, after about 10 mins of idling i pressed on the gas and it started struggling and just died.

after this i had a hard time getting it going again, i would have to crank it 2 times around 10 secs each and even then it would have a very hard start up and idle at 100-200 and giving it gas would make it chug up another 100rpm or so or soemtimes up to 4k rpm.

we pulled the rear 2 spark plugs (3/4) and tried to start and it just fired up isntantly and revved to 5k. then it would stall out again. after trying to start it multiple times, it just wouldnt even turnover anymore.

if i got the car to start it would die in approx 5-7 secs regardless of rpm/throttle position, straight dead like someone pulled my key

i checked the ecu for codes and it thru me a #12 which is airflow circuit, i changed out the maf and tried the new one and same thing, unplugged it didnt make anything easier.

i found out the fuel pump stopped working, the cause was a blown fuse. i replaced the fuel filter at this time.

i checked the power at the pump, and from the time the ign is turned on, it has voltage for about 5-7secs and drops to zero

now my questions are

1. is my fuel pump supposed to turn off/lose power after its primed? (ign on)
2. are there certain requirments that need to be met inside the ecu for the fuel pump to stay on?
3. am i missing the problem? possibly something else messed in the airflow circuit? or is this a completely different matter?

ILoveJDM
04-11-2007, 03:03 AM
bump. someone take a stab at it or point me in the right direction

pbcstylez
04-11-2007, 12:21 PM
i got a very damn nearly same problem, except mine was fine after i swapped out the MAF and cleaned the EGR and IAV,

positron
04-11-2007, 01:04 PM
Mine was fine after I cleaned the MAF sensor and the throttlebody. Runs like a top now.