PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Problems

alonroz
04-09-2007, 10:11 AM
Hi,
two electrical problems i have encountered in my 96 S14,
1.Back up lights don't work - all other lights on the rear of the car work (incl. the brake light on the trunk lid -which gets power from the same harness).
vehicle was swapped from an auto (if it makes any diff), checked one of the bulbes - was ok, also checked All of the fuses in the engine fuse box and the driver side fusebox - to be on the safe side.
2.Passenger side power window switch don't work - drivers side switch opens it right up, windows lock button is not pressed (:keke: ), again checked all the fuses i know...:confused:
thanks allot!

kognition
04-09-2007, 10:26 AM
It sounds like a simple problem, and maybe the wiring is slightly different for lighing between manual and a/t.
First things first, go to Radio Shack and pick up one of their small handheld multi meters for $20. Then check your connections for continuity. Check your bulbs for continuity with the meter also. Sometimes they might look good, but they can burn out and it isn't always obvious from a visual inspection. But since you have more than the lights not working, it sounds like a harness conflict possibly.
Check the FSM.

Canaduh
04-09-2007, 01:55 PM
It's most likely the reason you stated. It's been swapped from auto to manual. It's a complicated way to get your reverse lights to work. I'll try to find the link.

Canaduh
04-09-2007, 02:01 PM
http://www.ka24development.com/cwilfert/S14_tranny_swap_electrical.html

projectRDM
04-09-2007, 03:16 PM
It's not complicated at all, unless basic breathing is complicated.

Run two wires from the brown plug (green and black) to the reverse switch, connect. Takes all of five minutes.

For the power window problem, you've already answered it yourself. The motor works and the driverside switch works, so the passenger switch is bad. Replace it. No other way to look at it.