PDA

View Full Version : Gauge Cluster wiring harness question...

Jon Michael
04-05-2007, 03:51 AM
I looked back through many many pages, and I searched over and over again. If someone can find this by searching PLEASE tell me what you searched. All I could find is that automatic and manual gauge clusters on an S13 are interchangeable. But, I have a 1998 S14...and it's about the wiring NOT the gauges themselves.

Anyway, I broke the plugs that plug into my gauge cluster. Now, I need new ones, or the wiring harness for the gauge cluster. My question is, does it matter if it's automatic or manual? I have a manual, and all I have found so far are from automatics. So, will the wiring for the gauges on an automatic work to splice into a manual so the gauges hook up? Again, can the automatic plugs (or wiring harness) work and be mated to a manual so they plug into the gauges and work fine?

Thank you in advance for the help.

projectRDM
04-05-2007, 08:32 AM
They're the exact same except for an additional wire for the O/D light.

Jon Michael
04-05-2007, 03:22 PM
Alright, so if I don't care about the odometer (is that what you meant) being not lit up I can use them interchangeably. At this point I just want to get my gauges working again, so if that one section won't be lit up, I think I'm ok with it.

Canaduh
04-05-2007, 03:28 PM
no, i think he meant the OD light, oh wait, i'm thinking S13, i'm not sure where the OD light is on s14's. Useless post.

Jon Michael
04-05-2007, 03:49 PM
Ok...damn. I'll just make sure I get the plugs from another manual then. Thanks for trying to help at least. Wiring is so confusing at times, especially when it's somewhere not as common like the gauge cluster plugs. >_<

projectRDM
04-05-2007, 04:53 PM
Wow, you read my post and still ignored it. Let me try again:

THE PLUGS ARE THE SAME

Except you'll have an additional wire for the O/D (overdrive) light. Now how you decided that an additional unused wire means you cannot use the plugs is behind me. The auto plugs are fine to use, just tape or depin the extra wire.

Canaduh- the O/D light isn't in the cluster in S13s, it's a separate light that's fitted in a switch blank beside the rear wiper switch.