PDA

View Full Version : Good ignition source for Electric fan

delphis
03-29-2007, 04:26 PM
hey everyone I just got my electric fan the other dan and I was wondering where is a good point in the engine bay to hook up a goo ignition source, just so that the fan will be on when the car is on. Should I get a relay if I use a big enough fuse or can I just tap into an ignition source relay that is already in the engine bay?

thanks
tim

brainfood
03-29-2007, 04:36 PM
Depends on the fans? I run my Thermostatically controlled Dual SPAL's straight off of battery power. No ignition cut. Only runs for a sec after I shut off the motor.

If I didnt have a thermostat or a built in relay box I would run the switched source to a 30 amp relay and then run power for the fans through the relay directly from the battery.

chmercer
03-29-2007, 04:40 PM
fusebox or starter

technically this is the same thing

but like, you can run the wire to either end depending on if you worry about clean engine bay

delphis
03-29-2007, 04:44 PM
well currently my engine bay is in shambles, I am awaiting my new harness to be made so I can actually run the sr20 ecu instead of the ka with the frankensteined harness. as well as needing a londer throttle cable for my sr instead of it going over the ass end of the valve cover.

projectRDM
03-29-2007, 06:19 PM
Don't be janky, use a relay, then you can use any low current source to trigger it.

delphis
03-29-2007, 06:34 PM
ok thanks thats ill I needed to know.

MELLO*SOS
03-29-2007, 06:55 PM
There is a link to a schematic in my sig for altima e-fans... The thread itself has some good information too.

I run my fan(s) off a direct-wired relay that's triggered off the ACC relay in the fusebox. On all the time with ignition, the other fan is manually switched.