PDA

View Full Version : s13 in a 90 240

thewholefnshow
08-02-2002, 07:01 AM
Ok, we are doing the swap at the shop right now. Old POS s13 getting the s13 engine. Thepressure plate was garbage, so we got a new one, the engine was already in... not no matter what we do we cant get the tranny to go in from the back... next step is to drop the front tables to get another inch... it can't be possible you have to have the engine OUT of the car and put them both in together, that's retarded... what if you are just changing the clutch? And just so you know we already have the engine tilted all the way back against the firewall, there is no room there either... whats the deal? why doesn't it fit? I know the bellhousing is a little bigger, but still... and is the area for the tranny bigger on dohc engined cars or just the s14's or are they all the same?

w0de
08-02-2002, 08:09 PM
you may have a DOHC pressure plate...                    

88-90 240SX = KA24E
91-98 240SX (also in nissan trucks) = KA24DE

ka = engine model
24 = 2.4l
D = dual cam
e = fuel injection

hopeful
08-04-2002, 11:05 AM
figure it out yet? I really wanna know the outcome.

drift freaq
08-04-2002, 11:39 AM
well their is no difference in the tunnel size on any S13 and the trannys and engines can be exchanged i.e. a DOHC engine and tranny can be put in a 89-90, including S14 engines and trannies . Not being there I cannot tell what you might be doing wrong. I can tell you that it will go in . Its been done. Seeing as you are not using a lift you are at a severe disadvantage. Ah but that happens for all of us stuck in the driveway.