PDA

View Full Version : throttle cable difference sohc to dohc

Dripht240
03-24-2007, 09:46 PM
i was wondering if anyone knew how much longer the dohc throttle cable was from the sohc cable?

g6civcx
03-25-2007, 07:01 AM
i was wondering if anyone knew how much longer the dohc throttle cable was from the sohc cable?

I am not sure exactly, but I would estimate it to be about 4-6" longer from what I've seen if I'm not mistaking.

Dripht240
03-25-2007, 07:20 AM
so then there would be a significant difference between a 1990 sohc throttle cable and a 1991 dohc throttle cable... ok i see thank you very much for your help...

g6civcx
03-25-2007, 07:28 AM
Yes, I have an E throttle cable, and on the SR it has to stretch across the valve cover. A technician at a local shop told me that his car has a DE cable, and it is routed nicely around the back of the valve cover and firewall without stretching over the top.

nrg
03-25-2007, 01:10 PM
by switching the cable, you're just changing the apperance of it. instead of having it over your valve cover.
when changing cables, the throttle bracket will be different too.

g6civcx
03-25-2007, 04:19 PM
by switching the cable, you're just changing the apperance of it. instead of having it over your valve cover.
when changing cables, the throttle bracket will be different too.

This may be true. The car I was talking about has a GReddy intake manifold. So he would have had to modify the throttle cable somehow.

Dripht240
03-25-2007, 07:02 PM
ok good well some kid told me that it was a de cable and he sent me a E cable so im kinda pissed... im also not getting any spark after swapping in my DE motor... i replaced the coil, cap and rotor, plugs and wires and still nothing... should i check the voltage going into the coil to find out if there is even any juice going there? the car turns over but nothing else happens. It turns over really well like it wants to but when i checked for spark i had none.

nrg
03-26-2007, 12:26 AM
it's your dizy and/or wires to it. when you converted to DE and did the so call wiring. all those wiring do is just signal the relays to turn the starter (trigger accessories and sensors). It has nothing to do with spark. You just have something not connected.