PDA

View Full Version : after a clunk SR runs rough, black smoke, shakes in boost???

SilviaVsSupra
03-24-2007, 10:25 AM
ok i was driving at about 2500rpm and heard a small, not loud, clunk, from somewhere.. and then it all of a sudden started dropping power and felt like it wanted to stall. it runs really rough and spits black smoke out at idle and higher rpms. i drove it home like this and i have to keep the rpms between 1700 and 2000 or it starts to shake(as soon as starts making boost)
my gues is plugs MAF or god forbid the turbo. im going to check them out now, if anyone else has an idea lmk please..

Mathetai
03-24-2007, 10:59 AM
Black smoke is usually related to fuel issues. May want to do a thurough check before driving it again. GL dude. :)

SilviaVsSupra
03-24-2007, 11:33 AM
ok easy fix.. gash out of an intercooler hose.. not sure how 13psi blew a 2in hole in the hose, but thats what it was.. mods can close this thread since its pretty irrelevant

steve shadows
03-24-2007, 01:20 PM
or you maf sensor like fell or smacked into something

tastycakeman
03-24-2007, 10:19 PM
wtf? what? how can your maf sensor fall?

slownslurious
03-24-2007, 11:19 PM
because it isn't attached to anything. its supposed to be attached to things, but gay ppl are like "well I'm just gonna slap this heavy ass cone filter on there, and I guess I don't really need to attach it to things, and this hose clamp must not need to be very tight since its not on the boost side, lah de dah"
and then WHAM it happens. they get cum in their face.

anywaysss I doubt its that since the guy already solved his problem. yours, and my posts are irrelevant.