PDA

View Full Version : RB20DET Questions

Jesses240
03-23-2007, 01:43 PM
My friends car im currently driving (since my coupe is down getting my sr20 rebuilt) has a RB20det in it...

I told him since im driving it ill fix the few issues it has...

some of the injector pigtails are broken, What car has the same pigtails connections to the injectors so I can replace them.

Also What o2 sensor from what car can I get to replace primary o2 sensor.

The stock CTS (coolant temp sensor) what cars can I get those from

Also the wiring to the gauge cluster it has (I think the gauge cluster is from the car he got the swap from is there special wiring changes or are they suppose to bolt up, its hard to diagnosis problems on cars that arn't stock and u dont know whats been done...

thanks for the help, searched through RB faq and couldnt find this info as well as the main search bar...

nothing came up. I know someone posted a bunch of these for sr20 in the SR faq area but I couldnt find any in the RB20 faq

Jesses240
03-26-2007, 07:42 PM
Does Anyone know?

BTW the gauge cluster issue is that the fuel gauge and temp gauge don't work. (speedo and rpm work fine)

the gauges aren't bad as I can ground them and peg them, but I'm wondering if there is suppose to be a wiring fix to get them to work with the RB.

Yellow4g63
03-26-2007, 07:58 PM
the CTS is from the 300zx but it's going to depend on which year RB20 he has. If his RB20 says "RB20" on the timing belt cover it's from the older Z. Search Nico or 240sx forums for which part #. it might be the dash plug wiring for the fuel and temp gauges.