PDA

View Full Version : Help... Please?

koukikat180sx
03-20-2007, 10:25 PM
Here's the senario:
I got an SR (s13 red top) swap done at the end of last year. Car ran fine at Cal Speedway (infield). Last month I went to drift buffet and drifted the car. Everything was fine. I brought the car off the track and let it cool down then shut the car off. I put more water in the radiator cuz I have a small leak. Car started. Let the car sit for about half an hour. Tried starting it, it wont start. No turning over or anything. All i hear is a clicking noise when I try to start it. After we tried push starting it, that didn't work. Let the car sit for about an hour, and tried starting it again and it starts. WTF?! (ask LB. Motoring... he was there.)
Anyway, I took my car to work today to get it the alternator belt changed out. I car was fine when I went to work, but when I went home the brake light came on after 15 mins. I get to my driveway and slow down as I'm getting into the driveway. The car shuts off on me. I can't start it. I had the heater on and smelled kind of a burnt smell. After the car shut off the car is making a buzzing noise and my alarm chirps every so often. The car wont start. 5 mins. later it does. What gives?? Any suggestions? I'm driving Gymkhana in a week and a half... HELP... please? :confused:

motoman6968
03-21-2007, 02:08 AM
I hope you fixed that leak mate cause from what it sounds like you could be over heating your engine. If the engine gets too hot wires in the bay that get too close could begin to melt. Possibly why your alarm chirps , maybe a short. Happened to me, except it was when I was in a 1960's muscle car phase. In any case I am just guessing by your description, look closely and try and determine that the leak is the only poss. problem.
Just trying to help... ;~)

nassin31spr
03-21-2007, 05:09 AM
Test your battery. Just a guess though by your description of the starter clicking and the alarm chirping. It dose that when it doesnt have 12v.

The Chad
03-21-2007, 06:23 AM
I would agree. When my battery was on its last legs the starter would make a clicking noise and not turn over the motor. But then sometimes it would start w/out a problem. Check your connections too for corrosion/ leaking around the battery. You might want to consider an Optima Battery if you're gonna be tossing your car around a track as well...no leak. :)

koukikat180sx
03-21-2007, 10:37 AM
The leak isn't the problem. I'm always putting coolant in the car. The car also doesn't over heat. I also had the coolant bleed recently too. Plus the temp gauge stays normal. The car is actually leaking from one of the heater hoses up against the fire wall. I guess there's a little plastic connector that broke when the hose was shoved on it. :T But yea.... I have no heating problems. The battery is good too. We tested that at the track. I have a normal sized battery too. It just got re-routed to behind the passenger seat.