PDA

View Full Version : HELP needed... Engine Shaking...

RPS13_SR20DET
03-17-2007, 06:09 PM
Couple weeks ago, my CEL came on and it turns out to be code 45, 11(injector leak, Crankshaft position sensor). So I got some reman. injectors from Deatschwerks, and a reman. distributor. I went ahead and install the distributor first and took it for a drive and everything was normal except for the leaky injector symptoms (low and dying idle). So during the weekend I changed my injectors by taking out the fuel rail and etc (using new O-rings and insulators). After connecting back everything, I try to start the engine, it takes a couple of cranks to start it. Once started, the engine would shake like it is running on three cylinders. I tried pulling the spark plug wires of each cylinder, and when I pulled the first cylinder plug the shaking went down. I tested the fuel pressure according to the FSM, everything is where it should be (34psi at idle and 43psi when vaccum hose is disconnected). Also when I turned the key to ON position, there is fuel pressure for a couple seconds around 40-50psi and it start to drop so I think the fuel pump is fine. I also checked the continuity(sp?) on the injectors wiring to the ecu, everything is fine. Also checked the injectors by turning the distributor with the harness connected, the injectors seems to work. Also I changed the spark plugs and the conditions are still the same (engine shaking, hard to crank it to get it started). Also it is especially hard to get it started when I leave the car overnight as if the fuel system lost it pressure however when i take the fuel cap off I can hear the fuel pressure releasing.

Cliff notes:
Injector leak, changed injectors with some reman. ones.
Tried to start the engine and take a while to crank it to start
Once started, engine shake like it is going so bad the car started to shake with it like there is an earthquake.
Checked fuel pressure and the injectors wiring everything seems fine.

So what else could I check? Could it be my fuel pump dying? or the FPR dying? Also why only the 1st cylinder seems to be the problem.

Thanks for your help and sorry for the long post...

BTW this is a 1991 KA24DE with no engine mods except a K&N filter and NGK spark plug wires..

HellonFire
03-18-2007, 12:13 AM
Sure you didn't put the spark plugs back on in the wrong order? Easy to mix them up on the distributor.

Or also make sure you have the timing right on your new distributor.

Tyler

RPS13_SR20DET
03-18-2007, 01:39 AM
well spark plugs are new, and the spark plugs wire are put in according to the numbers on the rotor cap plus when I install distributor, I redid the timing and drove it a while it was driving fine... Is there anyway I could test the fuel pump?

HellonFire
03-18-2007, 12:04 PM
Well if the car drove fine for a while after you installed everything, then thats a different story. Should have mentioned that. LoL..

Its possible that you broke an oring on an injector, and now its leaking.

Test fuel pump for what? You said you see good pressure, what else are you trying to test?

Tyler

RPS13_SR20DET
03-18-2007, 12:44 PM
Well I am pretty sure the O-rings are fine cause they are all new and lube when I put them in... Btw anyone knows what could cause the engine to shake so badly?