PDA

View Full Version : wiring advice?

speedboy109
03-15-2007, 11:46 PM
i got a problem wit my s13 taillights, when the headlights are on the brake lights come on as well so it looks like i am always riding the brakes. I think the fact that when i hit the brakes my front fog lights come on as well, it might sound confusing but if theres any questions or any advice for how to fix the problem id apperciate it cuz wiring isnt my thing and i hate dealing with it. thanks

Flybert
03-16-2007, 12:03 AM
Pop off the back panel in the trunk and see if the car was rewired at one point for different tail lights. Make sure the wires match colors. If that's not the problem, start checking your fuses.

projectRDM
03-16-2007, 10:02 AM
Check and see if the correct bulbs are in place as well.

speedboy109
03-17-2007, 11:14 AM
well i have already checked all my fuses under the dash and also in the engine bay and they are all ok the wires going to the lights are red and green i think they dont look the tha last owner tried to rewire at all im thinkin maybe its a ground and thats why the brakes and headlights are backwards, cuz as i said before the front running lights come on when i hit the brakes and the brake lights just stay on when the headlights are on so iono..........thanks for the help though if you have any more feel free to share it