PDA

View Full Version : Z32 brakes problem

Jon-S14
03-15-2007, 12:35 PM
I'm currently running the 30mm front calipers with oem rotors and brand new oem pads. My problem is that everytime i step on the brakes, the brake pads are shifting forward and clicking. Is there any way of getting rid of that noise? I have the pins that hold the pads in place and the spring clips. I noticed it made the noise after I put the spring clips in. Without it, the brakes would click every rotation when going in reverse. I've lubed up the pads as much as I can already but it still comes back. I guess the next step will be mushrooming the ends. Any other suggestions?

Dousan_PG
03-15-2007, 12:37 PM
u using all the shims?
u have something installed incorrectly.
thats pretty much it.

Jon-S14
03-15-2007, 06:50 PM
I'm pretty sure I have all the shims in correctly. Is there anything else I can do?

arkive43
03-15-2007, 06:56 PM
i agree teh z32 has these thin shims that go on teh back?.....and when u say lubed the pads what did u mean??? i hope u didnt put nething on teh pads...

cgguy
03-15-2007, 08:06 PM
I've never bothered with the pad shims and never found it caused shifting or clicking....You might get a light clunking sound if you dont use the spring clips or they are really worn and dont fit snugly.

Stupid question....are you sure you have 30mm rotors and not 26mm ones?

Jon-S14
03-15-2007, 11:43 PM
I'm positive I have the 30mm calipers. I put anti-seize on the back of the pads where the pistons contact. I have the shims on that go on the back side of the pads. The only thing that I don't know is what year/month the calipers were made. When I ordered the pads there were 2 sets that you could choose from. They had different production dates within the same year. I figure that they should be the same shit so I just picked one of them. Would the pads be a different size?

cdlong
03-16-2007, 09:25 AM
no, all z32 and r32/33 pads are the same. if you got the pads from the dealer, they may have different materials, but the pad shape is the same.

mine are quiet as a mouse, take a look at them and see if you can see where the noise is coming from or what is shifting.

irax
03-16-2007, 09:35 AM
Stupid question....are you sure you have 30mm rotors and not 26mm ones?
I'm positive I have the 30mm calipers.

Your positive you have 30mm calipurs but are you absolutly positive you have 30mm rotors? did you get the rotors off ebay?

Jon-S14
03-16-2007, 09:31 PM
I'm positive I have the 30mm rotors. Everything lines up perfectly. The pads slide in easily. I tried to just turn the wheel and look at what's moving and found that the pads are shifting front to back depending on which way i turn. The pads are OEM so I have no idea why it makes the noise. Are there any shims that are suppose to be in the caliper? (such as shims for where the pad ends sit?

projectRDM
03-17-2007, 12:02 AM
There are no shims that hold the pads off the caliper.