PDA

View Full Version : Bumper support necessary or not?

pbcstylez
03-14-2007, 04:45 PM
Hey guys,

I'm going kouki on the s14 and have an aftermarket bumper which obviously does not match up to my zenki bumper support. I was wondering if it matters structurely for the bumper/front end to look retarded without the bumper support? Also if i do decide to keep it, any suggestions on hacking it to make it fit? dremel? angle grinder?

any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

TIA,

Jeff

98koukile
03-14-2007, 04:48 PM
There's a picture of a car from a 40 mph impact without the support... trust me man, you want it. Just take little pieces out for fitment and weld supports in to keep in structurally sound

Taniguchi_Is_#1
03-14-2007, 04:54 PM
it's not needed for the looks aspect, but you're gonna have to tell yourself that front impacts don't scare you.

for cutting it up, i'm sure an angle grinder would work. plasma cutter would make life easier. never had to do it myself, so yeah.

!Zar!
03-14-2007, 04:56 PM
A sawzall and hammer will make anything fit.

Bumper support? bleh. Don't crash into things.

If you are DD's your car then it's more likely that not you'll hit stuff. So reconsider my previous statement.

pbcstylez
03-14-2007, 04:59 PM
haha... thanks Mel! ill keep that in mind, this is a wkend car, possibly a DD thanks to gas prices... time to measure and sawzall i guess... any recommendations on a sawzall to purchase?