PDA

View Full Version : 91 stanza 5sp, limited slip?

shinrekka
03-12-2007, 04:09 PM
I know this is a 240sx forum, but there isnt realy a stanza forum. I know this sounds retarded but I need a cheap 4door, i sold my 240sx and bought a ford ranger for work and im gonna buy this stanza I found incase i need a 4door or back up. I was wondering if the 5speed model has a limited slip transmission. I know in australia they do, but of course this is america and we get shitted on with stuff like that (they also got AWD turbo model in jp.) Basicly im going to install a nismo R4 cam, lukey header (from aust.), custom 3" catback and an underdrive pulley, and king super low springs (also from aust.) So im just wondering if it has a LSD tranny or not. Some one on here has to have smoked the tires in one before. I cant realy do it when i test drive it, the old man will have a heart attack. If it dosent I may be able to order one from australia when someone parts out there car i guess. Or i could not bother all together but 1 wheel peel bothers me like u wouldnt beleive.

projectRDM
03-12-2007, 05:58 PM
Stanzas in the US market never came with VLSD. I'd assume you could adapt an later model Sentra unit in, but there's little info available on interchange.

thaivietg714
03-12-2007, 06:20 PM
i had a stanza. try www.teamnse.net.

some people get sr20's from pulsars. i got a ka24de from an altima and dropped it in.
good luck wiht the car. i crashed mine =/

wootwoot
03-12-2007, 07:54 PM
Stanzas are fwd and low power, I dont think you'll ever need to worry about needing one anyway =)

shinrekka
03-14-2007, 10:35 PM
138hp and decent torque isnt bad for a little car. I'd like to do some work to it. Anything you can do to a 89-90 240 motor you can do to a stanza so there is ALOT of things out there. You just have to know were to look.

The sentra se-r has a LSD tranny. Maybe altimas have it, probaly not.

shinrekka
03-14-2007, 10:39 PM
Not only that my 240 had 3" N1 exhaust, a obx header and a K+n filter and i beat alot of shit. The stanza has the same motor. I think FWD has less parasitic loss, and not only that i do beleive its lighter

projekt_s13
03-14-2007, 10:59 PM
lol ok........ Anyways you should edit your post instead of posting twice.