PDA

View Full Version : speedo issue

sliEighty
03-07-2007, 09:06 PM
ok heres the deal i have searched for the last hour and cant get the answer i need... heres whats going on ever since i bought my 92 hb with a sr swap the speedo hasnt worked. i changed the cluster with a working cluster and i changed the speed sensor with a brand new one and still no luck. ive checked the main harness behind the dash and everythings in place... now what is there anyway i can wire it right from the speed sensor to the cluster? or even get a autometer speedo and wire that in?

projectRDM
03-07-2007, 09:48 PM
S13?

The yellow/white and yellow/black on the lower harness go straight to the cluster. Check for continuity on both.

Fredy
03-08-2007, 01:52 AM
i have the same issue, except that my fuel and tach are also affected. :(

TheS13kid
03-08-2007, 02:00 AM
Is it just your speedo?? or is it the tach and fuel??.....if so it it can just be a blown fuse!!!

hahahahaha
03-08-2007, 04:43 AM
have the same problem well the rpms work but the spped doesnt come up this is the second one and doesnt work and the lights dont light up at night .. so u cant see nothing during night time any ideas on that ?o and my odometer doesnt read either check speed sensor and its conected

Fredy
03-09-2007, 12:06 AM
Is it just your speedo?? or is it the tach and fuel??.....if so it it can just be a blown fuse!!!
well, the whole cluster lights up and the temp gauge works, but the fuel gauge is always 'full' and the tach and speedo don't work. however, the tach and speedo flicker slightly while i'm driving..

zugoi
03-09-2007, 12:37 AM
My car has same problem with speedo. it flickers alot and bounces from zero to the opposite end or sometimes it looks like is working but the speed is way off. Also the odometer doesnt always work. I get a check engine light once in awhile and i checked it and it says its a bad speed sensor.Could it just be a bad speed sensor or speed gauge broken? The ECL only comes on sometimes and goes away but gauge always messed up.

Fredy
03-09-2007, 03:33 PM
eh, i think my problem is that the original owner prolly left the SOCH KA interior harness with the SR20. wires don't line up completely do they.. :P