PDA

View Full Version : Injector not firing

KingKong8247
02-28-2007, 09:09 PM
89 SOHC

Injectors not firing. Gets fuel to rail, has 12 volts to injector clips and like 3-4 while cranking.

I switched them out for other injectors but the same

Car cranks but wont turn over. Has spark.

Any idea?

drftwerks
02-28-2007, 11:24 PM
does it start with carb cleaner

Z U L8R
03-01-2007, 09:33 AM
first make sure there's no corrosion in the injector/injector plug. the ecu is what gives the injectors the grounds, get an ecu pinout and check for continuity from the ground wire on the injector plug to the corresponding pin on the ecu. if you don't have continuity then there's a break in the harness, first make sure the injector plug is in all the way, still no continuity then cut open the harness until you find the break in the wire, another option, although less professional is to run your own new wire from the ecu to the injector plugs but with a little patience you can isolate the problem and do it right. gl =]

KingKong8247
03-01-2007, 05:24 PM
Thanks for the replies

It starts with starter fluid

Im checking continuity now.

KingKong8247
03-01-2007, 08:23 PM
Yea no continuity between injectors and ecu.

I got pissed and since the injector clips looked pretty crappy I cut the ground wires and just grounded them to the block. Car started for about 2 seconds then died.

I dont get it though according to the FSM each ground wire for the injector goes to a separate pin. How could they all be broken?