PDA

View Full Version : 300ZX brake conversion for front AND rear

mbmbmb23
02-03-2002, 02:16 PM
Can I get 4 matching 300ZX calipers and rotors...and have them work on all 4 corners? (assuming I get the brake lines made up, have all clips and pins, have rims that clear them, and get them drilled 4 lug for my 93SX)

Will the 30mm's fit on all 4 corners with 17" rims (35+ offset)?  I've heard some people use the 30mm up front and the 26mm in the rear.  

Are there problems mating up the emergency brake line to the rear brakes when doing the swap?

Is the stock S13 master cylinder capable of pushing 4 30mm calipers effectively?

I've searched the archived topics, and these are some questions that werent answered, so if you guys have some good, reliable, info......please let me know.

Thanks.

M

Kid Zelda
02-03-2002, 03:54 PM
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from mbmbmb23 on 2:16 pm on Feb. 3, 2002
Can I get 4 matching 300ZX calipers and rotors</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>

Yes you can

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">...and have them work on all 4 corners?</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>

Never heard of anyone doing this or even ask this question.......

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Will the 30mm's fit on all 4 corners with 17&quot; rims (35+ offset)? I've heard some people use the 30mm up front and the 26mm in the rear. </td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>

Never heard this set-up, why not use the stock 2 piston rear Z32 brakes ?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Are there problems mating up the emergency brake line to the rear brakes when doing the swap?</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>

If u want the e-brake to work, you'll need the Z32 rear heat shield with drum brake &nbsp;and e-brake lines .....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is the stock S13 master cylinder capable of pushing 4 30mm calipers effectively? </td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>

It was little trouble pushing twp 30mm calipers, slight mushy feeling to it, 2 more, I would assume would feel even more mushy ..... still can do it, but not that great.