PDA

View Full Version : Accleration Problem

skwan28
02-28-2007, 12:22 PM
Please bear with me because quite honestly I am a noobie when it comes to engine problems.

Ride: 240sx 89 fastback pretty much stock no recent engine work.

Problem: When I accelerate the car it begins shaking a little and doesnt pick up and when I am stopped and disengaged in neutral the engine shakes, it almost seems and feels like it is going to stall. However this is the catch it does this only after about 7-8 miles of driving (basically once engine warmed up). Before that time it works perfectly fine.

Things I tried:
-Replacing MAF exact same problem occurred
-Replaced with all new sparkplugs with sparkplug wires no change.
-Poured fuel cleaner in my gas tank

Things I plan to look at:
-EGR valve(was told to disconnect the top tube which connectes to the EGR metal housing to test if the car runs fine with it disconnected, possibly clean it with carb cleaner if it is the issue)

Please any suggestions would help if possible pictures of parts you guys are talking about, thanks in advance!

punxva
02-28-2007, 05:31 PM
check your IACV, since it is doing it once it warms up completley, i am too busy atm to spoon feed the info to you, so just search for it, the acronym stands for Idle Air Control Valve

ALMOSTJDM
02-28-2007, 05:37 PM
or it could be one of your injectors are bad

skwan28
03-01-2007, 03:45 PM
Thanks for your input and suggestions, I did a little research and found this nifty article so I decided to share with with other ppl who might have similar problems. http://autorepair.about.com/library/a/1i/bl289i.htm

Going to try to clean my throttle body as suggested by this article.

I also take a look at the fuel injectors.

s13gold
03-01-2007, 03:50 PM
distributor cap and rotor.

leonb2004
03-01-2007, 05:00 PM
Coolant Temp Sensor, betcha a dollar.

grnappletree14
03-02-2007, 12:06 AM
it might be the u have a air leak. any kind of air that coming out like maybe from u pipe, or throttle body. make sure everything is pluged right. if ur not using a pipe cover it up. this happened to me. i has some air leaking through my intercooler piping. so i sealed off the hole and clamped everything togther. boom problem solved.

georgesal
03-02-2007, 08:47 AM
+1 for coolant temp sensor