PDA

View Full Version : KADE overheating

jdm538
02-28-2007, 03:19 AM
alrighty its been only 2 months since i changed thermostat, water pump, and radiator cap. i bled the system correctly.

this is all within 4 days, my car started having high idle around 1,600. i drive to school and work which is within a 3 mile radius to my house and have no problems just idle issue. now today i drove to a friends house about 12 miles away and my car starts over heating. what is wrong with my car?

im already stressing from midterms so i really need some help please :wtc: .

bone stock kade.

panama DRIFT
02-28-2007, 03:52 AM
you should presure check your radiator, check your oil, see if it looks like you have coolant in your oil (should look like chocolate milk) (head gasket), just have your radiator presure checked
hope that helps

WilloW
02-28-2007, 06:36 AM
Same thing happened to me before after changing the thermostat and water pump on my S14, end up being me not bleeding the coolant enough. Try bleeding the coolant again and check back.

punxva
02-28-2007, 05:30 PM
yea bleed your coolant, you probably have an air bubble in the system, heres how to do it...

Procedure to drain, flush, and refill coolant on 240sx.

1. Move heater "Temp" control lever all the way to "Hot" position.
2. Remove undercover.
3. Open drain plug at the bottom of the radiator, and remove radiator cap.
4. Remove drain plug on cylinder block.
5. Close drain plug and tighten drain plug securely.
6. Open air relief plug (right above where the upper radiator hose attaches to the engine).
7. Fill radiator with water and close air relief plug and radiator cap.
8. Run engine and warm it up sufficiently.
9. Rev engine 2 or 3 times under no-load.
10. Stop engine and wait until it cools down.
11. Repeat step 2 through step 9 until clear water begins to drain from radiator.
12. Drain water.
13. Open radiator cap and air relief plug.
14. Fill radiator with coolant up to specified level.
15. Close air relief plug.
16. Remove reservior tank, drain coolant, then clean reservior tank.
17. Install reservior tank and fill it with coolant up to "Max" level and then install radiator cap.
18. Run engine and warm it up sufficiently.
19. Rev engine 2 or 3 times under no-load.
20. Stop engine and cool it down, then add coolant as necessary.

Quick Tip: After flushing your cooling system, make sure you fill up your cooling system completely. The KA24 engines seem to like to trap air in the system and needs to be bled completely. An easy way to bleed the system is to run the engine, and keep adding water/coolant into the radiator while shaking various parts of the car. I liked to just push down on the front bumper. Shaking the front end side to side also helped. It took about 30 minutes of this to get all of the air out.