PDA

View Full Version : which cat back for S13?

180Sil
02-26-2007, 07:19 PM
I found this ... http://www.intensepower.com/inn13caexs13.html at www.intensepower.com it's pretty cheap but I don't have any experience with it. Anyone has this on their car? Is it LOUD?

supad0rk
02-26-2007, 07:21 PM
Quickly run away and hide. I see you about to get flamed in the near future. On top of that everyone is going to tell you to use the lil Search function.

180Sil
02-26-2007, 08:16 PM
Your right. Let me change the wording around.

markyboi
02-26-2007, 08:40 PM
looks like just another stainless steel exhaust..like megan, ssautochrome...i guess the resonator is different

Phlip
02-26-2007, 08:51 PM
That price is not bad, and it looks like it will be wildly loud, but that is my opinion.

... My opinion is ALSO is that you should search and find what else is floating around
Me? Custom, you'll find it and detail/pictures when you search.

180Sil
02-26-2007, 10:46 PM
I've used the search function for this particular exhaust but was not able to find anything on it. I used "intensepower.com", "GT-racing" but I can't find any information on it.

This catback use a similar design to the Fujitsubo Power Getter for the S13 but I don't know if it's as quiet. I'm comparing it to the Greddy PE II and will be going on a S14 sr20det. If this catback is louder than the Greddy PE II then I might need to get a resonator in place of the test pipe or hi-flow cat. If I have to do that then I might as well get the Greddy PE II.

Just want to have an idea before I spend the money. Also, has anyone dealt with intensepower.com before?

L8-apexx
02-26-2007, 10:51 PM
is it an sr powered 240?
If so, get an rs*r ex-mag and replace the cat with a test pipe......its my favorite exhaust combo on a sr powered 240, not to loud cruising around, but really rips when you lay into it........but thats just my .02

supad0rk
02-27-2007, 02:21 PM
^
I agree that is a nice "quiet" set-up. I know a few other people that have run it on an SR. Most KA's you will have to do some kind of custom piping because most aftermarket exhausts I have heard are pretty loud.

sunnys14
02-27-2007, 02:30 PM
rsr ex mag is a loud ass exhaust. my friend had it on his s13 with sr (manifold, 3" downpipe, no cat) and that thing just blares. the ex mag pretty much a straight pipe with a straight thru resonator at the tip. its not even chambered, but atleast it looks stock. my fujitsubo power getter on my s13 sr is SUPER quiet at idle and cruising because it has a chambered resonator then another straight thru muffler at the tip which the rsr ex mag does not.

PS: my fujitsubo power getter exhaust is for sale :)

180Sil
02-28-2007, 11:11 PM
I'm not after the stock look so the RSR exMag is out of the question. My brother has the power getter on his s13 and I kinda like it and it's not loud at all.

sunnys14-how much you selling that power getter for? and mileage on it. PM me...thx