PDA

View Full Version : Help with pesky trouble code

EAGLE 5
02-26-2007, 05:32 PM
So I was driving back from work today and all of a sudden the CEL comes on. Scanner tells me it is: P0181 Fuel Temperature Sensor A Circuit Range/Performance.

Any ideas on what that might be?

I was thinking maybe the fuel pump is on its way out but performance wise it doesn't seem like it since I get no sputtering or starvation of any kind.

Any help is greatly appreciated

UNISA JECS
02-26-2007, 06:03 PM
Yea its your fuel temp sensor thats bad the scanner told you so, replace it.

EAGLE 5
02-26-2007, 07:03 PM
Yea its your fuel temp sensor thats bad the scanner told you so, replace it.

Thanks for the reply. Does anyone know where is the sensor located on an OBDII S14? Also where do I go about finding a replacement for it? I just googled it and couldn't find one.

Thanks for all the help.

boostin13b
02-26-2007, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the reply. Does anyone know where is the sensor located on an OBDII S14? Also where do I go about finding a replacement for it? I just googled it and couldn't find one.

Thanks for all the help.

It's in the tank on the sender. If you remove the huge nut on the sender you can pull it out of the tank after removing the fuel lines from it of course. On your S14 it shouldn't cause any driveability problems. It's mainly for emissions purposes.

EAGLE 5
02-26-2007, 08:04 PM
Hmm sounds like the perfect time to upgrade the fuel pump while i'm at it. Do I take momma Nissan is the only place that will have these things or can I find them at the local parts store?

Thanks.

boostin13b
02-27-2007, 04:46 PM
Hmm sounds like the perfect time to upgrade the fuel pump while i'm at it. Do I take momma Nissan is the only place that will have these things or can I find them at the local parts store?

Thanks.

Probably a Nissan only part, unless you can find someone parting a car out and just ask for the sender.

But perfect time to upgrade fuel pump since you have to pull the sender out anyway. Walbro 255 if you plan on turbo anytime.

EAGLE 5
02-27-2007, 05:40 PM
Update called parts guy at Nissan and he told me there's no fuel temp sensor, it might be a fuel pump issue.... does it make any sense to anyone who has pulled the unit yet?

Thanks for the replies keep em coming!