PDA

View Full Version : Help!! Sudden Power Steering Leak!!!!!

driftfreek
02-26-2007, 02:45 PM
one day i was getting outta my parking space and i saw this fluid on the floor. it was power steering fluid. the problem is the pressure hose and a brand new costs close to 400 bux and i got no money to spend on that right now and i have to go to the track next week. the leak is not that bad, as long as i keep fillin up the resevior it turns good w/o making noise for couple of days. so my question is if i should race like that. the race consists of 5 sessions each one lasts round 25 min. i was thinkin i could check my fluid level before each session n see how its going. do you guys think i might screw something like that? is it too risky? or getting another hose is the only solution? please reply if u want to give me an advice or help me out. dont reply for anything else. this site is to get help n advices n not negative critism.

uthemofo
02-26-2007, 02:54 PM
chances are they wont even let you on the track with a leek....they check that at tech..

koukimonster139
02-26-2007, 02:56 PM
wtf

of course its for criticism.

everything would suck without it

about the line, i think if you put a lot of load on the power steering pump and lines, the leak will get worse and/or completely fail.

go to a junkyard mate

markyboi
02-26-2007, 03:07 PM
they wont let you at the track...ur lucky if they dont see it..

but it is not safe to have a leak on the track....your going to endanger you and others with the leak

g6civcx
02-26-2007, 04:03 PM
i got no money to spend on that right now and i have to go to the track next week... the race consists of 5 sessions each one lasts round 25 min.

5 sessions at 25 minutes per session is almost considered endurance racing for a novice.

If you "got no money", why do you "have to go to the track"?

Fix your equipment before you're banned from the track, or get in a wreck.

Cough up the money and get new lines from FRSport.com. I'm so sick of S-chassis owners being cheap ass bitches. Cars, and especially racing cars, cost money. Suck it up or get another hobby.

If you don't want "negative critism", don't do stupid things.

drift freaq
02-26-2007, 05:45 PM
^^^^^^^ what he said and change your screen name its biting big time!

projectRDM
02-26-2007, 07:35 PM
+1.

Tracking a car requires common sense above anything else. Going out onto the track with a leak is just ignorant and dangerous to others. Assuming you should track the car instead of fixing it just because you want to is equally stupid.

And you'll get negative criticism whether you want or not, especially if you deserve it.

mRclARK1
02-26-2007, 07:45 PM
I only very occasionally track my car... it's mostly a fun DD is all. But I would never track it with any kind of leak. I took it to the track this last summer and noticed a decent gear oil leak and turned right around and went home.

Don't take chances on the track... not worth it.

ripnbst
04-05-2007, 03:39 PM
Taking chances with a leak on the track is taking a chance with your life.

Writing anti-drug ads is my night job

projectRDM
04-05-2007, 04:57 PM
Taking chances with a leak on the track is taking a chance with your life.

Writing anti-drug ads is my night job

Taking chances by bumping a two month old thread for no reason is pretty bad too.