PDA

View Full Version : Could this prevent engine from firing?

jafero
02-23-2007, 10:46 PM
I am finishing up my KA singlecam to dualcam swap and am having hard time startin the car. I get both fuel and spark but the cranking doesn't lead into firing.

According to 240sx.org's FAQ on KA swap you need to swap the connection between main harness connector (body harness) and engine harness connector; the connector that branches from the huge ECU connector. On the FSM diagram these two are labelled F1 and M53.

I didn't connect this connector because I have not sourced DOCH connector that I need replace with SOCH connector on that main harness and is taking time. Could this be the reason why engine is not firing although it is cranking well?

sblack13
02-23-2007, 11:03 PM
the dash plug?? you need the dash plug... you just use your sohc plug wire it up to the dohc harness. If thats what plug you are refering too..

jafero
02-24-2007, 07:07 AM
Names are confusing but I believe dash plug is also the name for these F1 and M53 connectors. I am refering to the connector that extend from the big ECU connector.

So you are saying that I put the SOHC connector onto the new engine harness side instead of DOHC connector on the harness under the dash board? Could disconnection here prevent engine from turning over to firing from cranking?

projectRDM
02-24-2007, 08:21 AM
Holy fuck.

With the dash connector unplugged the ECU does not have a start signal, the orange wire in the plug.

jafero
02-24-2007, 09:14 AM
So as ECU doesn't know that engine is cranking, it will not send signals to distributor... Is this the case?
Thanks a lot, man!

super240sx7185
02-24-2007, 10:17 AM
without the dash harness hooked up it will not run. im not sure about zilvia but 240sxforums.com has a couple of nice writeups u could use until zilvia gets its search feature working properly again.