PDA

View Full Version : Need some Advice

silversr
02-23-2007, 02:48 AM
Okay heres the deal, My sr20 is flooding and I already checked to see if the o-rings are bad which they aren't. I put new plugs in and it started right up and idled at like 2000rpm but once I tap on the gas pedal it revs up really slow then it just dies out.I go check out the plugs and they are fouled again,I'm pretty sure the wiring for the z32 mafs is correct because I followed bjyorks writeup.I'm just gathering some info before I go work on it again. The rest of my setup is 740cc injectors,enthalpy ecu and of course the z32 maf.

seekanddestroy
02-23-2007, 02:53 AM
So this started right after you put the z32 MAF on?

If all the wiring is correct... you have the chassis ground wire hooked up right? You may have a bad sensor, check a 300zx FSM to test it.

GSXRJJordan
02-23-2007, 03:24 AM
definitely sounds like something's off, and I dont know what you did in what order to tell you what to check. Start with the most recent addition, and work backwards. If the Z32 MAFS went on last with that new ECU, try a stock ECU/stock MAF if you can.

silversr
02-23-2007, 12:13 PM
Actually I just put the sr20 in there with a whole bunch of mods, so now it's going to be a bitch to try and fix it and yes I do have the maf chassis ground hooked up, I'm just trying to think of what else that could be causing this, coil packs,ignition timing, tps,? I don't know I won't have time until this weekend before I work on it.