PDA

View Full Version : Can I Hook Up My FPR Like This?

SpdElemts
02-22-2007, 02:35 PM
Hey guys i was wondering if i could set up my fuel pressure reg. like this. Please let me know if this has any drawbacks or anything.

Thanks, Jeff

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w106/spdelemts/untitled.jpg

redsuns3838
02-22-2007, 02:36 PM
so you want to leave your stock FPR in there??

SpdElemts
02-22-2007, 02:37 PM
yea as a block off plate. It wont be hooked up at all and plugged up.

projectRDM
02-22-2007, 03:47 PM
Seriously think about that for a second. The fuel entering the rail is pressurized, you want it to reverse flow back out the same end and into a Tfitting? How? The rail is a one way valve, the only time it will reverse flow is when the pump is turned off.

What's going to happen in your case is 50% of the fuel will enter the rail and flow to the injectors, probably not enough and lean out the engine. The other 50% will immediately go through the new regulator and return to the tank, only to be split again once when it's pumped up front again.

If you turn your water hose on, do you expect water to shoot through the faucet back into the water supply?

zenki-217
02-22-2007, 04:22 PM
If you turn your water hose on, do you expect water to shoot through the faucet back into the water supply?

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angel:

grnappletree14
02-22-2007, 04:46 PM
i have a ? about fpr too. can i use one of the sentre i know they have a sr20de. will it be the same as the sr20det.

YoungRookie
02-22-2007, 04:55 PM
Not to hi jack your thread but can you run the fpr line to any vaccum source? Currently the line goes to one of the ports on the back of the block but it came dissconected one time and i didnt feel any vaccum on the line so i just wanted to run it to another source.

datboibrad
02-22-2007, 05:12 PM
well it depends on how you want to do it man. the ls1 setups work sort of like this. they fuel rail has no fpr on it. SOOO we use a corvette filter

the corvette fuel filter has a built in fpr. so what happens is when the fuel goes up in the filter then out to the rail it creates pressure. when the pressure reaches about 53 psi the diaphram opens in the filter bleeding off to the return line.

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k141/datboibrad/DSC03844.jpg

/edit. now that i look at what your wanting to do. its just not going to work at all lol.

datboibrad
02-22-2007, 05:14 PM
Not to hi jack your thread but can you run the fpr line to any vaccum source? Currently the line goes to one of the ports on the back of the block but it came dissconected one time and i didnt feel any vaccum on the line so i just wanted to run it to another source.
any source as long as its from the intake manifold. you have several to choose from.

cmcdougle
02-23-2007, 12:06 AM
This is one of the best ones I've seen for a while. . . lol

Just put it in line; no crazy Ts or anything are necessary lol.

Ameer
02-23-2007, 12:12 AM
true that.^^^^^^^^^^^^^

!Zar!
02-23-2007, 02:36 AM
Why reinvent the wheel?