PDA

View Full Version : Wierd TPS readings

b0rdin4life
02-21-2007, 02:59 PM
I have a S13 SR in an S14 but I wanted cruise control back so I intsalled a KA throttle body and TPS. After I wired the TPS into the SR harness I set the TPS by looking at the SAFC readout of the voltage. The TPS was set right around .48v and was fine for a couple weeks. I went out to my car yesterday and started it and it was revving around 2400-2600 at idle and the SAFC was showing that the TPS was reading 100%. I then checked the voltage readout on the SAFC for the TPS and it was up around 3.8v or so. I shut the car off and reset the TPS to .48v and came inside for the night. I just went back outside to check the car and turned the SAFC on and it was reading 100% throttle again with 3.8v or so at the TPS with the car not even running. Does anyone have any ideas besides a bad TPS?

To wire the TPS i matched the colors on the SR harness to the KA TPS plug and like I said, I had no problems for a couple weeks. Thanks.

UPDATE: I reset the TPS again to .48v and the car started and idled fine so I took it for a test drive. At first everything seemed fixed because the SAFC would show the TPS at .48v at no throttle but then after driving for a few minutes I checked the SAFC again and it was showing the TPS at 1.2v and about 20% when I wasn't on the throttle but if I stayed off the gas for about 30 seconds it would drop to .48-.5v and 0%.

cotbu
02-21-2007, 04:37 PM
Set the TPS again .45 or whatever then disconnect it, give it some time and see if it still retains the setting

I do have a tps for you if you want it price is 1gal of toluene

b0rdin4life
02-28-2007, 07:13 PM
What year and motor did the TPS come off of? I assume its in good working condition? Where in DE are you? Thanks!

cotbu
02-28-2007, 07:38 PM
New Castle, 1993 240sx SE fastback KA24DE
I also used this on the SR20DET, so i removed the pins from the plug already.

After you set the tps, disconnect it for a while, then plug it back in. You may also have a short somewhere.

b0rdin4life
02-28-2007, 07:58 PM
Would you mind PMing me your number so I can call you about this?